Featured Posts
kirbyland10
playroom
January 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM

ok I know we dont have many toys but I am considering making a room into a playroom

downstairs we have sitting - room which goes into the dining room which goes into the kitchen!

i am thinking about changing the dining room into the playroom 

or change the office which is upstairs into the playroom but thats annoing! 

what would you do?

my son is 11 months on 17th. we dont use the dining room except on occasions (and we dont use the office)

playroom?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 18% - No don't have one just use storage boxes and keep them in sitting room
  2. 34% - change dining room into playroom
  3. 46% - change the office into playroom

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    January 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I wouldn't change your dining area into the play room unless you have another area to sit down and eat family meals together. 

• kirbyland10
    January 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM

we dont really eat in there - and we possible wont use it till he is a bit older and then the toys go upstairs 

• kirbyland10
    January 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM

just the office is upstairs and i'm usually downstairs! and the toys are in the way in the sitting room

• aarensmommy

we have a playroom downstairs for our kids (5,2,11m) i would hate to have one upstairs only because the kids would be up and down the stairs all the time which is fine for my 5 n 2yo but not the 11m

so unless you need the dining room to eat in i would change that into a toy room. 

• Mommy2justone

Sounds like you already made up your mind momma :)

Quoting kirbyland10:

just the office is upstairs and i'm usually downstairs! and the toys are in the way in the sitting room

• kirbyland10
    January 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM

ok thanks

• kirbyland10
    January 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM

not sure but i just dont want to do it and it be a mistake

• SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    January 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM

i wouldnt do it

i went to a friends home that had the dining room as a playroom and it was pretty hard keeping it clean and all the toys would spill out to the other rooms because this room was close to all the others. It looked messy too. And the first room you passed when you walked in.

I would make another room a playroom

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    We had playrooms in some of our houses.
  • Celtic_Dragon
    January 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM

move office into the dining room. Move playroom up into the office. At his age, he doesn't need too many toys. So keeping them downstairs would be fine for now. As he gets older, upstairs would be best. Why can't his bedroom also be a playroom?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts