Advice for Moms

Mommy2justone
what to get my secret sister for Valentine's day?
January 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I am part of Beta Sigma phi and we have secret sisters for the year. Valentine's day is one of the important ones in our group. I have no clue what to get her. I have hit my $100 yearly limit though. So I have no clue what to get her that is cheap. Any idea's?

Replies

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

A single rose? Sometimes on Valentine's day the florists have specials on these.  Or if not a rose, then a red carnation with some baby's breath?  A couple chocolate covered strawberries? - our grocery store has a special on these during Valentine's- 3 for $5 or something close.

• Mommy2justone
    January 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    I didn't even think of flowers, duh! Lol thank you!!!!

Quoting Bmat:

A single rose? Sometimes on Valentine's day the florists have specials on these.  Or if not a rose, then a red carnation with some baby's breath?  A couple chocolate covered strawberries? - our grocery store has a special on these during Valentine's- 3 for $5 or something close.

• Mommy2justone
    January 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I even have a special florist we go to for everything. My brain must not be working today. 
    And our Kroger has an awesome delicatessen counter with amazing chocolates. This will be my last gift to her for the year, so might as well go all out, lOL! 

Quoting Bmat:

• swthrt737
    January 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    What's her fave,if you might know?
    Quoting Mommy2justone:

• Mommy2justone
    January 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Well our sorority flower is a yellow rose

Quoting swthrt737:

What's her fave,if you might know?
    Quoting Mommy2justone:

• suetoo
    by suetoo
    January 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Buy a large heart or rose shaped cookie cutter. Make and decorate a dozen cookies and wrap in a fancy box?

• dollhex
    by dollhex
    January 12, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Ferrero Rocher candy is soooo yummy! And comes in a heart shaped box :) 

• Pink.Frosting
    January 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Make a gift basket with a couple of nice magazines, a candle, and a cd with relaxing music.  Maybe add some bubble bath.

• paganmommy4
    January 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM

A simply handwritten card acknowleding your appreciation of her.. My friends and I have birthday circle or the circle of appreciation of all that you appreciate in a person that they themselves didn't realize.. Someone acknowledging that makes one feel better about themselves even when things are going so wrong. Someone noticing makes all the difference

• whoodathunk
    January 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Make her a pretty valentine, crochet a scarf, bake cookies or candies...

Advice for Moms