Featured Posts
averysmommom
It's confession time! Smh
January 11, 2013 at 4:30 AM

I know there is no excuse for this type of screw up so ill just tell it like it is. This morning we were in a huge rush out the door when I gave my son "his" meds. After I dropped him off I was putting stuff away when I noticed that his meds bottle was on the 2nd shelf...it's never on the 2nd shelf. Turns out I had mixed up his Concerta (ADD med) for my Celexa!!!! (Anxiety and depression) luckily there was only a 2mg difference so I didn't have to worry about overdose. I was one freaked out mama. Called the dr and they told me what to look for. After talking to my son I found that he had taken mine TWICE this week. Thank god there was no adverse reaction!!! What a scary mistake!!!!!

Replies

• alexis_06
    January 11, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    Oops!! Glad he's ok :)
  • frndlyfn
    January 11, 2013 at 4:54 AM

eeks are the bottles different colors?  If not, that may help.   My guy keeps mixin up his insulins which can be scary since too much of one can cause him to bottom out.

• notjstasocermom
    January 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I think its time to seperate them. Glad he's ok.

• robyann
    by robyann
    January 11, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Oh no! That's scary! So glad it didn't hurt him, I think you should do something to the bottles so you can't miss the difference. Maybe cover his with construction paper or color the cap with a red sharpie.

• hollydaze1974
    January 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    Kind of agree. My son's medicines are kept in the kitchen away from all adult meds to keep this precise accident from happening. I'm glad he is okay.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

I think its time to seperate them. Glad he's ok.

• ceciliam
    January 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Scary! Glad to hear he is okay.

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    January 11, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Not only time to separate but make a DRASTIC visual change. Like bright colored paper for the lid of a a giant sting tied to it. GL mama!

• averysmommom
    January 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Thanks ladies for not beating me up too bad...I now keep his on the counter in a zip top bag...and yes he is A ok...never missed a beat

• rrs256
    by rrs256
    January 12, 2013 at 4:42 AM

I don't know if you get the prescription filled at target but they have different colored rims on their meds bottles to help you tell the difference between meds. I don't think walgreens does it but you could ask them if they could put it in a different size bottle: ie. a short wide bottle or tall bottle (I used to work for walgreens pharmacy) so I know they will do it if you ask. I don't know about walmart or other pharmacies.

• averysmommom
    January 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I live in okinawa Japan and can only get meds from the base pharmacy :( we fixed it tho. No more screw ups!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN