Advice for Moms

swimmerl2003
? about have a 2nd baby shower
January 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM

if your son or daugheter was turning 2 yr old and then  you got prego again with oppsit  and you have Nurtural stuff for boy or girl would you have another baby shower?  i can understand for clothes..

reason why im asking bc my sil has a daughter and turning 2  .. sil  prego again and she  found out having a boy and all her stuff from her 1st baby shower is Nutural ... and shes having another BIG baby shower...  again just wondering... 

Replies

• LucyHarper
    January 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM

No, where I live it's seen as extremely greedy and distasteful to have a second baby shower. It is however common to have a party for any future kids, not a shower, gifts aren't expected and it's usually after the baby is born. People usually end up bringing gifts anyway, but it's not expected and no one gets pissy if you don't. I have two boys and am pregnant, if it's a girl, I won't be having another shower, we probably won't have a baby party until their baptism and we will combine the baptism party with the meet the baby party.

• MeghMirab
    January 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM

If someone is willing to throw one, why not. People have the option to say they don't want to come and everyone LOVES shopping for a baby. (: At least I do anyways! I don't want one and I don't expect any gifts for our second child. I know all my friends who have had multiple kids don't have another shower, they throw a SPRINKLE for the Mom which is just a small intimate version of a baby shower and a Diaper Party for the Dad. Dad gets to hang out with his buddies, they bring over a package of diapers and depending on the the season, watch a game, eat some wings and drink beer. LOL Everybody wins! 

• amanda81919
    January 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    I didn't have one.I had one for my son, but with my daughter 18 months later nope. I find it in bad taste to have more than one unless like 5 years later.
  • PhoenixsMommy10
    January 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    We have baby showers for every baby.

• Jadegirl1819
    January 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I only think it is tacky if someone throws it for themselves.

• CLEKate
    by CLEKate
    January 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Nope.  I think 2nd showers are tacky.

• lopezbunch6
    January 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    I would have a diaper party and bottles if u are bottle feeding.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Around here the mom to be doesn't give her own shower, but if someone else wants to give her one, then go for it.  It should be primarily for the sake of the party and the fun of talking and laughing together and having something to eat.  If she already has most of what she needs, then a diaper shower, or even no gifts, would be fun.

• Lindalou907
    January 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I think it's a little tacky to have more than 1 shower. But it is pretty common nowadays.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    That is beyond tacky!

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

I only think it is tacky if someone throws it for themselves.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts