Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
stargaze281
true
January 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I have sometimes wondered why my baby was born posterior, it resulted in a c sec. when i stopped dilating at 9cm. Overall I glad my baby is fine, but I always thought I would deliver vaginally.  Now there has to be a reason why he was posterior, I dont like it when some say its unknown why this occurred.  I would sometimes try to anlayse how things played up for me till the point of birth. I sometimes think the epidural might of caused this issue, but I'm not sure.

**p.s. forgot to mention, that my baby will be 2 soon, yes this is a past issue, that sometimes I try to figure out occassionally. I do accept the delivery method but the issue is that im curious.

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    January 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

No one can predict what a baby will do before birth. That is why women go their whole healthy pregnancy planning a vaginal birth or even a natural birth and end up having to get a C-section when they find out baby is breach.

• stargaze281
    January 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

No one can predict what a baby will do before birth. That is why women go their whole healthy pregnancy planning a vaginal birth or even a natural birth and end up having to get a C-section when they find out baby is breach.

I understand this. But my baby was not born breech. He was posterior position, he was head down.

• Mommy2justone
    January 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Oh I know, I was just saying that babies flip and flop in the uterus before birth. No rhyme or reason. Nothing you did, or could do. But I have heard of moms having a vaginal birth with a posterior baby.

Quoting stargaze281:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I understand this. But my baby was not born breech. He was posterior position, he was head down.

• anotherandree
    January 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM

The first two of my three of my kids were born "sunny side up."  There is no rhyme or reason.  I did get epidurals with all three, but they were in the posterior position already and mostly in the birth conal so that would not have changed it.  I was 10 days past due with my first and 1 day early with my second (both posterior) and 10 days early with my last (who was facing the correct way).  I was, however, able to have a vaginal birth with all three, but was prepped for a c-section with my first because he was stuck. 

There really is no rhyme or reason when it comes to babies and the art of being born.

• BaBa1123
    January 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Actually I was born this way and when my mom tells how she was in labor for over 24 hours and how I was breech and was the smallest baby but took the longest and was the most painful and all through my life I had been told that I am ass backwards.  So I think when I was around 12 years old I would tell her I wanted to go back up and make her wait more.!!!!   No one knows but I am glad evreything came out right for you and your baby.    

• MrsApple
    January 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM

My daughter was born "sunny side up" but didn't require a c-section.I don't question why she was born that way because honestly,there wasn't a reason.Don't drive yourself crazy with the "why's"...nothing can change it now,right?

• stargaze281
    January 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Quoting MrsApple:

My daughter was born "sunny side up" but didn't require a c-section.I don't question why she was born that way because honestly,there wasn't a reason.Don't drive yourself crazy with the "why's"...nothing can change it now,right?

Right, and I am more glad he is healthy and good! But sometimes a person just wonders, pregnancy and labor are important for a woman to learn about in my opinion. :-)

• MrsJoe125
    January 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I agree with the moms who have said not to worry about it.  I also understand (from your post) that you're not worried, it's in the past, and you're just curious.  The only thing I can offer is what other moms have offered, that babies move around in there and there's not usually a lot anyone can do.  I say that to say that nothing in particualar seems to cause them to be in one position or another, so there is no real answer to "why".

My second son was "stuck" in the birth canal with his head slightly to the side.  I was induced a few days before my due date (so his bday wouldn't fall on his sister's) and I asked the midwife to break my water before starting the pitocine (sp).  Now, he has a scar on his head just right of center.  Hours after she broke my water and after hours of pitocine (painful), I turned around on the bed with my chest pressed against the head of the bed and wiggled my hips front to back, I laid down to relax for a little while and before I knew it I was in fast active labor.  Mind you, I had been getting on all fours and moving my hips side to side during WEEKS of early labor (the kind where they say you're in labor but we can't admit you yet).  I had not been moving in the right direction to get his head un-stuck and straightened out.  I know this is the kind of answer you're looking for, but there isn't one to why babies get turned around.

They used to try to turn the baby in cases like that, but the cord used to get wrapped around their necks.  Babies were dying, probably moms too.  Now, it's safest to do a c-section when that happens.

• MrsApple
    January 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I agree,women should learn about pregnancy and delivery but some things do not have an answer.

Quoting stargaze281:

Quoting MrsApple:

Right, and I am more glad he is healthy and good! But sometimes a person just wonders, pregnancy and labor are important for a woman to learn about in my opinion. :-)

• stargaze281
    January 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quoting MrsJoe125:

I agree with the moms who have said not to worry about it.  I also understand (from your post) that you're not worried, it's in the past, and you're just curious.  The only thing I can offer is what other moms have offered, that babies move around in there and there's not usually a lot anyone can do.  I say that to say that nothing in particualar seems to cause them to be in one position or another, so there is no real answer to "why".

My second son was "stuck" in the birth canal with his head slightly to the side.  I was induced a few days before my due date (so his bday wouldn't fall on his sister's) and I asked the midwife to break my water before starting the pitocine (sp).  Now, he has a scar on his head just right of center.  Hours after she broke my water and after hours of pitocine (painful), I turned around on the bed with my chest pressed against the head of the bed and wiggled my hips front to back, I laid down to relax for a little while and before I knew it I was in fast active labor.  Mind you, I had been getting on all fours and moving my hips side to side during WEEKS of early labor (the kind where they say you're in labor but we can't admit you yet).  I had not been moving in the right direction to get his head un-stuck and straightened out.  I know this is the kind of answer you're looking for, but there isn't one to why babies get turned around.

They used to try to turn the baby in cases like that, but the cord used to get wrapped around their necks.  Babies were dying, probably moms too.  Now, it's safest to do a c-section when that happens.

Yes thank you for the info. :-)

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts