Advice for Moms

babymama2009883
Spitting food out?
January 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Ok so DD who is 22 months for the past 2 weeks eats breakfast fine but lunch and dinner she will chew the food then spit it out and complain she is hungry and wants a snack. She will eat the snack without a problem. The food I make is food she always would eat and just out of no where she stopped eating it. I just don't know what to do. We cut back snacks to see if that helps but it doesn't. Help please!

Replies

• JavaLadybug2
    January 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM

My son started doing that.. He is gonna be 2 at the end of the month..

Baby boy stopped doing it cause I only allowed him a sippy of water between meals.. Was lunch and dinner for us too.. I think mostly cause he was getting tired and cranky.. And gave absolutely no snack in between..

By dinner.. He was all about eating.. He also hates water.. so he drank his milk with dinner like a champ

• babymama2009883
    January 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I am going to have to try that. I'm glad it worked for you! DD sleeps with a cup so to stop that we give her water and she wants nothing to do with it anymore so maybe water will work.

• JavaLadybug2
    January 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I am glad it isn't just my son who hates water.. :)

• bafamily
    January 7, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Stop feeding her snacks all together is what I would do.  She won't go to long with out eating and then when you see she has eaten all of her food give her a special snacky right away.  I had to do that to my son.  He would drink his milk and then wouldn't eat and then be hungry and all he would want is milk so for two days he didn't eat.  That second night he woke up crying he was so hungry then we fed him and he went back to sleep and we didn't have a problem since.  Don't give up and stick to your guns.

• AidansMomMom
    January 7, 2013 at 10:50 PM

My son gags when I put water in his cup LOL

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

I am glad it isn't just my son who hates water.. :)

• LucyHarper
    January 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

No dinner, no snack. Make her healthy nutritious meals and tell her it's that or nothing, if she doesn't eat, she has to wait until the next meal. She will eat when she's hungry. Also tell her that spitting out food is rude and not allow and reprimand her when she does it.

• LauraLW769
    January 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Quoting LucyHarper:

No dinner, no snack. Make her healthy nutritious meals and tell her it's that or nothing, if she doesn't eat, she has to wait until the next meal. She will eat when she's hungry. Also tell her that spitting out food is rude and not allow and reprimand her when she does it.

this worked for my kids. I also only gave them water with their meal and they  got milk after their food was gone. good luck

• swthrt737
    January 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    Sometimes kids spit out food bse they've had enough of the snacks they eat before meals,so make efforts to cut on the snacks so that when meals are ready she will gladly eat without spitting bse she won't be full but hungry to eat her food.
    Also cooking her favorites will attract her appetite.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM

No snacks at all. She may prefer the snack food, but give her the meal food as a snack.

• nurbabe82
    January 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I agree with everyone else, cut back or cut out the snacks. No lunch or dinner no snacks.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts