Advice for Moms

kimlogan2
bedtime for a 6 month old
January 7, 2013 at 1:06 AM
So my youngest is almost 6 months old before him my youngest was 8 years old. So yeah its been awile since we had a baby in the house it's been nice but my question is it to early to have him to start teaching him to sleep in his bed? He does sometimes but he sleeps real good in his carseat. It seems after his bedtime routine and I put him in his bed he only sleeps for a couple hours from about 10 pm til til about 12am then he gets a bottle and changed then he falls back to sleep in my arms and back to bed til about 2 am and he does this all night. If I put him in his carseat after he is asleep he will sleep most nights all night from 10 pm til about 5 am. The only real difference is he is snuggled more in his careseat then his bed.So since he just starting to get more moble any advice on how to get him to sleep in his bed would be appicated. Thanks

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 7, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I wonder if a wedge thing in his bed would give him the angle that a carseat does.  We used a foam pad for dd's pack and play underneath the sheet.  She slept in her bed from day one even though she woke up many times for food during the night.

• ScrChk23
    January 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Sounds normal.  Have you tried swaddling him in receiving blankets/sheets?  We swaddled our son until he was about 9 months old.  And we stopped because he always got out of it since he could roll over.

• confused632
    January 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Is he sleeping on his stomach or back?  My littlest one will sleep all night on his stomach but if I put him on his back he is up within an hour if that and will do that all night long......so he sleeps on his tummy!  He is just shy of 3 months old.  I also have a pillow under him and the angle helps and he will sleep on his back with that.  Does he have any signs of reflux?

• SewingMamaLele
    January 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Just keep doing what you're doing... waking is normal, my 6 mo old was up every 1-2 hours last night!  It sucks, but it's completely normal.

• SewingMamaLele
    January 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Oh, and as for bedtime... my baby goes to bed somewhere between 7-9pm depending on nap (ideally, 8pm... but sometimes she had a super early or super late last nap)... shes up again at 10pm, and then midnight, and then I just bring her into bed with us for the rest of the night.  

• JavaLadybug2
    January 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM

When you want him to.. 8-9:30 pm...

• amber710
    January 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Maybe it would help to just have him take his naps during the day in his bed and then slowly transition over to having him in there at night. I know my daughter didnt sleep all the way through the night until 9 or 10 months, even though she liked her crib. So if he will actually sleep through the night anywhere I would take advantage of it. 

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    At 6 months or way earlier mine were sleeping 8 or 9 hours straight.
  • AidansMomMom
    January 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

My 1 year old wakes up that often at night.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts