Featured Posts
mommyinthe303
meals
January 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Can you all give me some good quick healthy meals. We are always busy.

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Do you have a crock pot?  That is the best way to make healthy meals while doing everything else and being able to sit down to enjoy it.

• mommyinthe303
    January 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    We do. Please give me ideas

Quoting frndlyfn:

Do you have a crock pot?  That is the best way to make healthy meals while doing everything else and being able to sit down to enjoy it.

• frndlyfn
    January 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Ok let me look them up.   LOL I dont have any on top of my head with the specifics.

• Candi_gal
    January 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    How long do you normally have to prepare and cook a meal?
  • frndlyfn
    January 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

No Fuss, No Fail, Amazing Spaghetti
    Rate this recipe
    3.1 out of 5
    This is a quick, easy, no-fail recipe for spaghetti in the Crock-Pot. It's a favorite amongst my family and friends and I know it will be amongst yours, too! I've taken my traditional stovetop recipe and converted it for the Crock-Pot so that even busy chefs can wow their guests.
    This recipe isn't overly acidic or overly sweet, so even those who can't normally eat spaghetti are able to enjoy this one as much as everyone else. And, to top it off, kids love it too!
    Five simple ingredients, a few seasonings, and a little time in the slow cooker, and your family will have a new favorite!
    Give it a shot! You won't be disappointed!
    Time On High: 4 hours
    Time On Low: 0 hours
    Servings: 8
    Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
    Product used to create this recipe
    Ingredients: 1 pound ground beef (93/7 blend is preferable)
    1 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
    1 12 oz. bag of seasoning blend (frozen)
    8 oz. sliced mushrooms
    1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
    1 Tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1/2 Tbsp. dried oregano
    1 tsp. dried basil
    1 tsp. dried thyme
    1 tsp. dried parsley
    1 Tbsp. garlic powder
    1 can water (mushroom soup can)

Directions: 1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet with approximately 1/3 bag (4 oz.) of seasoning blend.
    2. While the ground beef is browning, put the tomatoes in the Crock-Pot and turn on high for four hours.
    3. Drain the ground beef and add it to the tomatoes.
    4. Add the remainder of the seasoning blend, the cream of mushroom soup, and the mushrooms. Stir.
    5. Add the seasonings (salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, parsley, and garlic powder) and one soup can of water. Stir.
    6. Leave the Crock-Pot on high and cook for the remainder of the four hours. Tweak the seasonings as necessary.

This dish is delicious and pairs very well with green salad, asparagus, and corn.
  • frndlyfn
    January 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

http://www.crock-pot.com/recipes.aspx          has a ton of options.   We usually do a pork roast with carrots, rutabagas, onions, potatoes in it or a beef stew.

• mommyinthe303
    January 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    Our kids are home by 6 kids usually get to bed by 7:30 otherwise they are cranky. They always have something going on and we try to make it to gym for 45 min

Quoting Candi_gal:

How long do you normally have to prepare and cook a meal?

• butterflycircle
    January 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I like to throw a few thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker on low 5-6hrs with a cup or 2 of BBQ sauce. Shred before eating. whole grain buns, salad on the side.

whole grain pizza begals. (low fat mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperonis, organic pizza sauce or diy your own with some tomatoe sauce). bake at 350 until cheese is melted (about 10-15 mins). We like steamed carrots on the side or broccoli. Takes about 15-20 to make. 

Also when I have the time I often make freezer meals like a freezer bag of raw boneless skinless chicken breast add in Italian dressing or BBQ and freeze. Then I just pull it out of the freezer and dump it in a dish and bake for 60-90 mins at 350 (until cooked through). Add a side of veggies and rice. This is only time consuming b/c of the baking time though. you can do the same with meat loaf, mix it up and freeze it and then you just have to throw it in the oven when ready. 

You can do spaghetti. You can do whole grain noodles and you could make your own sauce and add pureed veggies to it (like carrots or sweet potatoes) or just add extra veggies to a jar of sauce. You could also freeze the sauce for later on too. 

Meat balls ( home made or a store bought bag). You can do these in a slow cooker with some kind of sauce on low for the day. Make some noodles and a salad and serve for dinner.

Sometimes we do kilbasa with potatoes, carrots, onions in the slow cooker.

You could pre cook burgers and then bake them or fry them when needed. Whole grain buns, lettus and tomatoe, salad, fresh veggies

I highly reccomend Moneysavingmom.com she has a large list of meal ideas for all meals of the day as well as weekly menu plans and freezer cooking too. 

• mommyinthe303
    January 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    Will do thank you
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts