Featured Posts
dizziestdream
CPS should just hang out at Disneyland
January 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM

My DH, DS and I have annual passes to Disneyland and try to go often.  I have a lot of really bad parenting there.  On New Years, in the space of about 3 minutes, I saw two sad cases.  This couple had their son on a very dirty leash.  The kid looked a little too old to be on one (I've personally never used one, but to each their own).  Like all kids at a theme park, this one was trying to climb up on the fence.  It was low to the ground and concrete.  What does the dad do?  He just yanks him backwards.  The kid falls onto the concrete ground and the parents just scold him and stand him up. 

In front of them was another family.  The son was caught up looking at everything and missed that the line moved.  The dad grabbed him by the collar and jerked him up there, scolding him and then he slapped him in the back of the head.

The worst I've seen though has to be the "mom" who was screaming at her handicapped son in his wheelchair while he balled his eyes out.  It looked like he had dropped his ice cream.  That was the most heartbreaking thing I've seen there I think.

Have you seen some really bad parenting in public?  It's really hard for me not to say or do anything in those situations.

Replies

• Elyssa414
    January 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    That is sad! :(

I can't stand seeing parents be rough with their kids!
    As for the mom yelling at the kid in the wheelchair, I would have assumed I didn't know the whole story- he could have just been throwing a tantrum and thrown his ice cream on the ground or something. I'm not a fan of yelling, but I try to give parents the benefit of the doubt, and kids in wheelchairs can e brats too! Lol- I know.
  • kitchen.ninja
    January 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    I've seen tons of stuff at Disneyland too. What I noticed mostly was kids not buckled falling out of strollers.
  • dizziestdream
    January 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I've seen kids trying to get out of the stroller while the parents are pushing them along. Crazy!

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

I've seen tons of stuff at Disneyland too. What I noticed mostly was kids not buckled falling out of strollers.

• x_Starr_x
    January 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    I cant tell you how many times ive found kids one time I was at walmart and saw a family thought nothing of it till I found there little girl the lady didnt eve know she was gone till i brought her back i told that lady she would feel like shit if I took her kid abused her and killed her and to watch her damn kids ive acted on alot of things I see im not the one to keep my mouth shut.
  • dizziestdream
    January 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I do try to give the benefit of the doubt, but she seemed sooooo agressive and it was in the middle of Main Street.  I'm not a screamer and I hate when people do it. 

Quoting Elyssa414:

That is sad! :(

I can't stand seeing parents be rough with their kids!
    As for the mom yelling at the kid in the wheelchair, I would have assumed I didn't know the whole story- he could have just been throwing a tantrum and thrown his ice cream on the ground or something. I'm not a fan of yelling, but I try to give parents the benefit of the doubt, and kids in wheelchairs can e brats too! Lol- I know.

• Momof3smoochies
    January 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    The special needs kid is sad. But the other two, really? The crowds were ridiculous and people are at their worse. Give them a break!
  • dizziestdream
    January 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I've seen a lot of wandering kids in stores. I usually watch them until they find their family.  It's usually families with lots of kids and my DH's theory is that they have so many, they don't care if they lose one. He's joking of course, but personally, I have to have my eyes on my DS at all times when we are out. 

Quoting x_Starr_x:

I cant tell you how many times ive found kids one time I was at walmart and saw a family thought nothing of it till I found there little girl the lady didnt eve know she was gone till i brought her back i told that lady she would feel like shit if I took her kid abused her and killed her and to watch her damn kids ive acted on alot of things I see im not the one to keep my mouth shut.

• x_Starr_x
    January 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    Quoting dizziestdream:

LOL I make mine hang on to my cart....Im to paranoid....
  • Momof3smoochies
    January 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    I have seen worse behavior from adults just being stupid. I saw these two ladies going at it over a dole whip!
  • dizziestdream
    January 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM

The crowds weren't that bad and the line was for a show.  It wasn't that hectic.  The dad who pulled his kid down was on his cell phone playing a game or something.  Of course, I'll admit that I don't know anyones full situation, but it's just my observations and it really bummed me out that day.  I usually don't see a whole of that, but a lot of people seemed to be in a mood that day.

Quoting Momof3smoochies:

The special needs kid is sad. But the other two, really? The crowds were ridiculous and people are at their worse. Give them a break!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts