Featured Posts
CampClan
Did I blow it on this one? How to respond?
January 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Backstory: I have a profile on a dating website & this guy clicked the "yes" button on the "meet me" feature. I checked him out & sent him a message. He replied that he was in FL (I'min OH) on vacation but would be home Sunday. Said I could text him if I wanted. My "rule" is to not give my number out to just anyone & everyone & he claimed to have understood.

So I just messaged him asking how his trip back was & asked what he was in school for. This was his reply:

yes, IT.....its a program designed to lead from entry level certifications into more advanced as I get further into the program...depending on my interest level as things advance... thanks for asking. I'm glad you had a fun time with your church. I'm getting the sense you're wanting more of a friendship...which is ok..just letting you know I'm not much of a "lets just chat on the computer" kinda guy... no offense...if thats your level of comfort...I wish you the best...but I am not wanting a pen pal....true friendship in person...sure.... possible dating things down the road... thats fine too but in person.../ or even phone then meet in person...but I dont want a purely computer thing....sorry. 

So now I feel like I blew my chance with him! I am NOT looking for just friends. I am looking for possible dating. But I don't feel like I should give my number out to everyone I talk to! I've had a friend do that & she ended up getting crazy calls & texts at all times of the day & night from one guy who wouldn't leave her alone!

HELP!

Replies

• alexis_06
    January 4, 2013 at 1:49 AM

ya if he's not willing to wait it out for a bit longer, he's not worth your time.  sounds more like hes interested in a hook up, rather than anything meaningfull.  good luck!  :)

• mamakenzi
    January 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM
    Agreed and I found my fiancé on a dating site.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I would not be emailing him back. If he can't exchange 3 emails without meeting you, or getting your number, something's wrong with him.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts