Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
cupcake_mom
Need help with a clingy child
January 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Im a sahm, but i also baby sit my friends kids. One of the little girls i watch is super clingy. Like i cant even pretend to walk out of the room without her starting to scream and cry. It isnt just a whinny cry it is a full blown screaming at the top of her lungs, crying, snot running, coughing, the work! She is 10 months old. She only does this with me and her dad, she doesnt do it to her mom(she just whines at her) I cant seem to get anything done in the house. i have tried to let her cry it out and see if she stops but she will cry the whole time im not holding her. I end up putting her in my ergo so i can clean the house and make lunch and stuff for the other kids, but that kills my back! I have asked her parents what they do at home and they say they just let her cry. But at home both parents have help, so one can tend to baby and one can do whatever else. I dont have that help here because my df works. It has been almost 2 months now and idk how much more i can take. Any ideas ladies?

Replies

• cupcake_mom
    January 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM

i have tried this. even if she can see me she still screams! i think imma just have to let her cry it out for the time it takes me to do what im doing. idk what else to do

Quoting Aishamusty:

Give this a trial because it might be she just wants in sight

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

many kids that age go through this. I would bring her near you then set her down with a few toys. She needs to learn to be ok not being held.

• Lindalou907
    January 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Maybe it's teething pain, have you tried tylenol? I remember my Grandson being very clingy at that age.

• cupcake_mom
    January 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM

yep. she gets that and origel on a regular

Quoting Lindalou907:

Maybe it's teething pain, have you tried tylenol? I remember my Grandson being very clingy at that age.

• darcibeisheim
    January 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM

do small trips out of the room.. for example go to the bathroom, leaving her in the living room and crying...go back and soothe her for a few minutes..

then go to another room, letting her cry for a few minutes again, go back and soothe her for a few minutes....

gradually increase your time away from her.... and decrease your time soothing her..

it is just a phase.. most kids i know go through this and really just have to learn that you are coming back.

• cupcake_mom
    January 4, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    This is what im doing more of now. i had to do it with my youngest but she would stop crying while i was gone. that is why this is so hard, because she doesnt stop crying

Quoting darcibeisheim:

do small trips out of the room.. for example go to the bathroom, leaving her in the living room and crying...go back and soothe her for a few minutes..

then go to another room, letting her cry for a few minutes again, go back and soothe her for a few minutes....

gradually increase your time away from her.... and decrease your time soothing her..

it is just a phase.. most kids i know go through this and really just have to learn that you are coming back.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts