Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
kirbyland10
1st birthday party
January 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

making a point to someone

birthday party for a 1 year old? no - no point as she wont remember yes - of course you should
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 83% - yes
  2. 16% - no

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

A small family one is great for their first bday but to make it a 100 plus guest one to me is ridiculous.  At that point it is all about the parents, not the child.   A one year old is happy with wrapping paper and a smash cake.

• CreziaMommyTo2
    January 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM

we didnt have a big christening (under 50 ppl) so for both kids first birthdays 100+ people, catered, entertainment, we went all out.

i think DS we spent close to $10K for his 1st birthday and for DD we spent about $6K and the only reason it was cheaper because of the place we catered from

• Retrokitty
    January 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    Yes but not going all out.
  • notjstasocermom
    January 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

A small family gathering,yes

a huge blow out no

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    Just with my Mom and stepdad. No, they do not remember or care. Its for the parents, not the child at that age.
  • atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    Are you made of money? How much you gonna spend on a wedding? $500,000??????

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

we didnt have a big christening (under 50 ppl) so for both kids first birthdays 100+ people, catered, entertainment, we went all out.

i think DS we spent close to $10K for his 1st birthday and for DD we spent about $6K and the only reason it was cheaper because of the place we catered from

• CreziaMommyTo2
    January 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM

a typical wedding where i live is usually about $300k+ 

plate per person for a Saturday Night wedding is usually about $225pp 

so its not being made of money its being where you live.

i am considered lower middle income where i live.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    January 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    I had fairly large family parties for both my kids. 20-30 people, games, favors, cake. Nothing gigantic, but a good sized party anyway. But i haven't ever spent over $150 INCLUDING gifts.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM

You can have a party, but it would be mainly for you, not the child. Have family over or friends, probably not a huge crowd,  have some fun, sing happy birthday.

• larschick
    January 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    Are you serious?? Just because that's what's "expected" doesn't mean u should actually do that. That kid of money for a 1 year old birthday is insane!

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

a typical wedding where i live is usually about $300k+ 

plate per person for a Saturday Night wedding is usually about $225pp 

so its not being made of money its being where you live.

i am considered lower middle income where i live.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts