Featured Posts
saysmom
How do you dry your lettuce?
by saysmom
January 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I usually cut it and put it in the strainer and run water over it and then dry it with paper towels. This takes forever and still feels wet. Suggestions?

Replies

• -42-
    by -42-
    January 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    Salad spinner! Those are fun to use!
  • connie45
    January 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    You can also wrap the wet lettuce in a large dishtowel and then just whip it around and around. Water will fly a little and you may need to change towels to ensure dryness, but it works.
  • SouthTxPrincess
    January 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    I don't dry it, I just shake excess water off and make a salad.
  • Mommy4000
    January 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Rinse it off before you cut it, then just shake it off in the sink. For iceberg I guess that wouldn't work, but I don't eat iceberg. I also don't care if the lettuce is completely dry, I like a little moisture on it.

• ceciliam
    January 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I use a salad spinner.

• sabrtooth1
    January 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Salad spinner.  I do NOT want my dressing watered down, or to have a wet mess on my plate.  BTW, leftover lettuce that you have spun dry, but NOT put dressing on,  keeps better than wet lettuce.  Put it in a zipbag with a square of paper towel.

• alexis_06
    January 3, 2013 at 4:39 AM

i used to just shake it off...then i got a salad spinner...sooo much easier!!

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 3, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    I don't and it is not watery. Drain it a while.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I have a salad spinner-  I put the washed lettuce in the strainer part that is in the bowl, put the lid on, and press the spin button.

I wash the lettuce by running each leaf, front and back, through water, and I also use a bowl of water and wash it again that way. I raised lettuce for years and know what can get in there. :)

• heidi749
    January 3, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Great advise.

Quoting Bmat:

I have a salad spinner-  I put the washed lettuce in the strainer part that is in the bowl, put the lid on, and press the spin button.

I wash the lettuce by running each leaf, front and back, through water, and I also use a bowl of water and wash it again that way. I raised lettuce for years and know what can get in there. :)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts