Featured Posts
saysmom
How do you dry your lettuce?
by saysmom
January 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I usually cut it and put it in the strainer and run water over it and then dry it with paper towels. This takes forever and still feels wet. Suggestions?

Replies

• -42-
    by -42-
    January 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    Salad spinner! Those are fun to use!
  • connie45
    January 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    You can also wrap the wet lettuce in a large dishtowel and then just whip it around and around. Water will fly a little and you may need to change towels to ensure dryness, but it works.
  • SouthTxPrincess
    January 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    I don't dry it, I just shake excess water off and make a salad.
  • Mommy4000
    January 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Rinse it off before you cut it, then just shake it off in the sink. For iceberg I guess that wouldn't work, but I don't eat iceberg. I also don't care if the lettuce is completely dry, I like a little moisture on it.

• ceciliam
    January 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I use a salad spinner.

• sabrtooth1
    January 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Salad spinner.  I do NOT want my dressing watered down, or to have a wet mess on my plate.  BTW, leftover lettuce that you have spun dry, but NOT put dressing on,  keeps better than wet lettuce.  Put it in a zipbag with a square of paper towel.

• alexis_06
    January 3, 2013 at 4:39 AM

i used to just shake it off...then i got a salad spinner...sooo much easier!!

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 3, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    I don't and it is not watery. Drain it a while.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I have a salad spinner-  I put the washed lettuce in the strainer part that is in the bowl, put the lid on, and press the spin button.

I wash the lettuce by running each leaf, front and back, through water, and I also use a bowl of water and wash it again that way. I raised lettuce for years and know what can get in there. :)

• heidi749
    January 3, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Great advise.

Quoting Bmat:

I have a salad spinner-  I put the washed lettuce in the strainer part that is in the bowl, put the lid on, and press the spin button.

I wash the lettuce by running each leaf, front and back, through water, and I also use a bowl of water and wash it again that way. I raised lettuce for years and know what can get in there. :)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN