Featured Posts
OneLifeOneSon
Advice!
January 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

My son is about to be 1 at the end of the month! and we need to get him off the bottle at night! Its just how we have been putting him to bed for the longest time so now he is used to it! Please give me advice on how to break this bad habit! Thank ya!! 

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    I would take him off the bottle totally. Day and night cold turkey. Have him watch you throw every bottle away.
  • amonkeymom
    January 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Hi there.

Only one of mine was bottle fed, and the doctor had me take him off of it cold turkey.  He really didn't have too much difficulty though.

Quoting OneLifeOneSon:

My son is about to be 1 at the end of the month! and we need to get him off the bottle at night! Its just how we have been putting him to bed for the longest time so now he is used to it! Please give me advice on how to break this bad habit! Thank ya!! 

• PinkButterfly66
    January 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Give him the bottle during story/cuddle time before bed.

• bamababe1975
    January 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM

As the others said, cold turkey is what we were told to do with our kids, so that's what I would try. He may cry initially, but if you're firm and the bottles are out of sight, he'll adjust pretty quickly.

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    January 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I did cold turkey too. I made a big production of throwing them away so he could see they were gone. He cried for a few days at night, but it was fine after that.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN