Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
I want a divorce!
by ma1234
January 2, 2013 at 2:08 AM
My marriage is so destructive n I want to be happy this year. I wudve left but I don't have a job. I'm tied to this lease. This man is a alcholic, I don't trust him, we don't agree on anything and he keeps telling me he had it better before me but won't leave. He's turned into the da...n stepfather.


  • savingtheworld
    January 2, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    Sounds like a lot of resentment between the 2 of u..are either of u willing to make a change?
  • alexis_06
    January 2, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    Have u tried counselling?
  • meliscool72
    January 2, 2013 at 5:47 AM

    Why not file for a vpo and then have him pay for the lease and get on section 8 or something until you find a job, this doesn't sound like a good place to be with your children and you. You will be happy if you leave him it sounds like. Call an attorney and ask them their advice on what to do and then see what they suggest.

  • emmy526
    by emmy526
    January 2, 2013 at 6:53 AM

    go to a women's center and see what kind of help you can get...there IS help out there for women in a situation like yours....or call, 1-800-799-SAFE to find local resources to help you.   Good luck.  Alcoholism is NOTHING you want to live with...Btdt

  • Angela6812
    January 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM

    I would check the laws in your state-MA is working on a law that would allow a person to legally break a lease without being penalized financially when they are in danger. Please call your local social services office and find out what your options/rights are to get out. You are not alone and there are people out there who want to help you. I will be praying for you that you can get to a safe place quickly, the longer you stay the more your children will learn that this is acceptable behavior, and continue the cycle of abuse.  Best of luck in this, wish I could do more.

  • ceciliam
    January 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM

    I'm sorry:(

    by AM-BRAT
    January 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM


  • bizzyb12
    January 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM

    do what you feel is best for you and your children. if you think counseling will help go for it.  the kids need you to protect them however you see fit. if staying is too destructive...time to move on.

  • ma1234
    by ma1234
    January 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    I am working on some things. He said we should go to counseling, so he does agree to that. I am looking for a job and reached out to a couple program. I'm going to get all the support I can until my lease is up and if its still not working. I'm moving out. Thanks for all the advice.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts