Advice for Moms

Cafe Steph
New Year, New You Challenge Day 4: Get Organized!
December 31, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Welcome to Day 4 of the New Year, New You Challenge!

It's a new year and time for a new beginning which means it's the perfect time to clear the clutter and bring order to the chaos to your home and life. Containers and closet organizers can work wonders to keep things neat and tidy, calendars can help you track appointments, and lists can make it easier to keep up with everything you need to do each day.

Do you make yourself "to do" lists? What's your secret for keeping things neat and organized?

writingOne member who signs up for our New Year, New You Challenge and replies to all 7 daily posts will be chosen at random to win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our New Year, New You Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

Replies

• Seychelles1409
    January 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Sometimes I make lists, but often I make a mental list, not a written list.  I often clean out one drawer at a time when I have a few minutes or while I am watching a movie on TV.

• grace2joy

I try to make a list... but it usually gets lost on my messy table :)

• Seychelles1409

I join my neighborhood in group yard sales.

• Seychelles1409
    January 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Once every so often, my husband and I "eat the freezer and the pantry" food until we don't have much left   That way I stay organized with food that is not out of date or old.

• Seychelles1409
    January 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I hang clothing by colors...dresses, pants, and shirts.

• Seychelles1409
    January 22, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I organize my bank account by having pockets of funds for special uses like Christmas, vacations, etc.

• Seychelles1409
    January 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM

The trick to being organized is to "Live organized" on a daily basis.  Getting oranized is nice, but it's like going on a diet; it won't work if you don't change your lifestyle.  I put everything in its place all the time as a matter of habit.  My house stays organized and neat as does my closet.

• bergencounty
    January 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I make spreadsheets to keep track of it All.

I would love to redo a closet into a pantry, since I have none. And just love this carousel:  http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/decorating/14-inspirational-kitchen-pantry-makeovers.html?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com  ... going to try to make it, would save so much space in the kitchen cabinets .. $25 would buy a lot of supplies. fingers crossed 

• sonnyswoman75
    January 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    I use my calendar on my phone

Advice for Moms