Advice for Moms

Shygirl951
advice please
December 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM
My lil man is 6 weeks today and is so miserable he's all congested and his nose is so stuffed that he sounds like a lil piggy on top of his tummy and gas problems. He's getting to the point where nothing is soothing him he's so fussy. I don't know what to do for him. Someone suggested gripe water for his gas, but is that okay to give him I will call the doc in the morning, just wanted to know if anyone had any advice on how to help soothe my lo. I havd the humidifier on and I use the bulb for his boogies even though he hates it. What else can I do?

Replies

• ShesALady
    December 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    It's been a long time since I had a baby. Here's a bump. Hope he feels better soon!
  • Shygirl951
    December 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    Thanks
  • connie45
    December 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    Have you tried Mylicon gas drops? They worked wonderfully on my daughter as an infant.
  • Shygirl951
    December 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    Never heard of them, but I will look into them thanx
  • elzmnsf
    by elzmnsf
    December 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    Poor kid! Maybe sit in the bathroom, put a towel under the door, and put the shower on high heat and steam the place up and sit there till the steam is gone, then boogie suck him real good... Hope the little guy feels better soon! Oh and if you happen to be lactating still squirt some Breast milk in his nose, he'll hate it but it does work!
  • frndlyfn
    December 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Rub his tummy in a circular motion, gently bend and push his legs towards his chest will both help release hte gas.  We never used gripe water for dd nor any other gas medications..... For congestion, set the faucet in bath tub on hot water and let hte room fill up with steam. 

• Shygirl951
    December 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    He hates that and he screams so loud it scares me :-/

Quoting frndlyfn:

Rub his tummy in a circular motion, gently bend and push his legs towards his chest will both help release hte gas.  We never used gripe water for dd nor any other gas medications..... For congestion, set the faucet in bath tub on hot water and let hte room fill up with steam. 

• trickysaphire78
    January 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM

can't find mylacon drops anymore i had to use little tummies for my 8 month old since she was born doc told me to give it to her 

• dscokwn
    by dscokwn
    January 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM

How about trying acidophilus?  Gripe water didn't work for my babies.

• Shygirl951
    January 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM
    What's that?

Quoting dscokwn:

How about trying acidophilus?  Gripe water didn't work for my babies.

Advice for Moms