Featured Posts
mirayou7912
Baby Acne *Update*
December 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Is this really JUST baby acne? My daughter had it when she was this age, but she never had it like this. It's on both cheeks and his chin.

Took to his pediatrician to see what it was. Turns out he's sensitive to different detergents. Doc told me to use 1% hydrocortosone cream once a day, and put Eucerine cream on his cheeks twice a day. Already day 3, and he's already clearing up.

Replies

• MamaRubio26
    December 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    Hi :). My 7 month old had acne that looked a lot like that when he came home from the hospital. Even up until a couple months ago. I started washing this face a couple of times during the day with Aveeno Oatmeal wash to moisturize those places. It's gentle on the skin. Then putting cortisone cream thinly on his face. It definitely helped the outbreaks.
  • mcarsel89
    December 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM

That kinda looks painful, poor little sweetie. My baby had it, although not that bad. He got a cold so we put the humidifier on 24/7 and his skin is now clear. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or it was just a coincidence, but it's def. worth a try. I think it helped...

• mirayou7912
    December 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM

It doesn't really seem to bother him, it's just so dry, I wasn't sure what to do about it. I was always told to leave it alone and it'd clear up on it's own. But I couldn't just ignore it when it looks the way it does

• mcarsel89
    December 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Yeah, I never put anything on it because with my skin chemicals just make things worse. I would def. Try the humidifier and I personally wouldn't put anything on it.

• mirayou7912
    December 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I'll have to see about getting one. Money has been tight here lately, you know?

• mirayou7912
    December 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I just don't want to panic and go to the doctor if it's nothing major.

• FunnyKids
    December 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    Aquaphor is good for that...its hypoallergenic and very mild
  • mcarsel89
    December 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I got mine for $16 from Walgreens. I know they and Walmart has some cheap ones that will do the trick. I looks googled "homemade humidifer" and there are several things that came up. Here is one:

There are three simple and effective ways to add some moisture to the air. The first is boiling water.

To get started, place the water in the plan and then turn on the stove. Once it starts boiling, remove it from the stove and allow steam to form.  From there, take it into the room where you want to raise the humidity and place it on the table or dresser. Before you put it down, be  sure you place a pot holder or plate down so you do not ruin the furniture.

If you choose to use this method, a word of caution. Because of the hot water, you will not want to use it with children or pets around because they could be burned.

If the room is next to the bathroom, you can use the shower. This method will produce the quickest way to add humidity to the room.

Begin by closing the bathroom door and turning on the hot water in the shower. Be sure to leave the shower door open to allow the hot steam to fill up the bathroom. Once the bathroom is completely filled with steam, open the door, and let the steam out.

Another option is to make a sponge humidifier. This works well for small spaces. Begin by poking 20 medium holes into a plastic bag. Then wet a large sponge until it is completely wet. Squeeze any excess water out, so it stays damp. Place the sponge and the bag and place it where you want. Be aware, if the room is bigger, you will need to have a bigger sponge and bag.

And here is a really good Youtube video on how to make a homemade one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyEmJINcfLA

Hope that helps!
    Quoting mirayou7912:

I'll have to see about getting one. Money has been tight here lately, you know?

• mirayou7912
    December 30, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I'll have to try that :)

• Mom2Just1
    December 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Milo has it as well. He is a month old today.  We use breastmilk or aquaphor.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts