Featured Posts
saysmom
Why is it the more I say I am going to eat better, the worse I eat?
by saysmom
December 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I have said it for awhile but was really going to try and start working out again and eating better.  But I just keep eat nothing but crap! How do you get yourself motivated?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    December 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I just switch out my vices..... Instead of cookies, i may get graham crackers.......instead of chips, pretzels.  We have started buying chicken sausage instead of beef/pork sausage.  Lots of veggies in our meals.  Crock pots are good to make something tasty and healthy .  Alot of people think chicken breast and lettuce is the way to be healthy but it is not true.

• lostnmomslation
    December 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Don't we all do this!? Lol, just don't think to much about it. Go in the kitchen and get exactly what you want (chips) and just eat a handful. Don't eat a ton, but don't kid yourself and just eat what you want!

• heatherm402
    December 29, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Start small and reward yourself with each accomplishment - for example, eat only 1 handful of "junk" food or swap something healthier.  Remember that it's ok to eat things IF it's in moderation.  Don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day.... just keep focused on why you want to change your diet (be healthier, set a good example for the kids, or whatever your goal is)

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a few months before I became preganant and it forced me to really look at the things (and quantity) I ate!  I used to eat 4-5 slices of pizza for a dinner, but now it's just 1-2 with a side of veggies.   I still have chocolate, fried foods and other "junk" but I do it just once a week instead of every day!

Good luck!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN