Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
saysmom
Why is it the more I say I am going to eat better, the worse I eat?
by saysmom
December 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I have said it for awhile but was really going to try and start working out again and eating better.  But I just keep eat nothing but crap! How do you get yourself motivated?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    December 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I just switch out my vices..... Instead of cookies, i may get graham crackers.......instead of chips, pretzels.  We have started buying chicken sausage instead of beef/pork sausage.  Lots of veggies in our meals.  Crock pots are good to make something tasty and healthy .  Alot of people think chicken breast and lettuce is the way to be healthy but it is not true.

• lostnmomslation
    December 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Don't we all do this!? Lol, just don't think to much about it. Go in the kitchen and get exactly what you want (chips) and just eat a handful. Don't eat a ton, but don't kid yourself and just eat what you want!

• heatherm402
    December 29, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Start small and reward yourself with each accomplishment - for example, eat only 1 handful of "junk" food or swap something healthier.  Remember that it's ok to eat things IF it's in moderation.  Don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day.... just keep focused on why you want to change your diet (be healthier, set a good example for the kids, or whatever your goal is)

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a few months before I became preganant and it forced me to really look at the things (and quantity) I ate!  I used to eat 4-5 slices of pizza for a dinner, but now it's just 1-2 with a side of veggies.   I still have chocolate, fried foods and other "junk" but I do it just once a week instead of every day!

Good luck!

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts