Featured Posts
JoeMax
drinking milk?
by JoeMax
December 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM
In the past, we have always stocked the fridge with Silk soy milk, but now I'm finding out that it actually has quite a few hormones in it. So I tried to gradually switch back to organic dairy milk. My oldest son made the switch without too much complaint, but my 3 year old hates milk now and will only choke it down in tiny amounts, he doesn't mind drinking it if he thinks it is Silk, so I know his problem has more to do with the switch and not the different flavor. He will drink it if I put chocolate in it, but I don't want him to have chocolate milk that often. Anyone else have trouble getting their kids to drink milk? Is there anything I can do to make it more appealing without dumping chocolate in it?

Replies

• jesuschild06
    December 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM

its a pain but put the milk in a soy milk container, or in a regular container. he doesnt have to know. after even a month of him drinking it just fine with no complaints, then stop the pooring it into another container and you then can rightfully make him sit there and drink it because you will know 100% it is just him being stubborn. i mean, you still have a right to, but you will also then have more proof doing it this way. 

my step dad wont eat generic cereal, so cereal is always placed in a container so he doesnt know its generic and eats it just fine. i know its kinda different, but sometimes you just gotta trick those boys !

• jesuschild06
    December 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM

you could also get chocolate protein powder to make chocolate milk? its much healthier than even olvoltine. just use enough to make it chocolatey, not the serving amount (its way to much for me and i love chocolate milk)

• -PB
    by -PB
    December 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Have you tried almond milk?  Coconut milk?  Rice milk?

I put chocolate flavored pediasure in my dd's milk.  Like 1 part chocolate pediasure and 3 parts regular milk.  Its chocolate but packed with vitamins so its good for em'.

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    December 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    Jist minimize drinking. Switch to mostly water to drink, and just use the milk for cereal/ cooking/ etc.
  • Mommy2justone
    December 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    Almond milk = hormone free
  • squeekers
    December 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM

i was raised on goats milk and our dd was raised on acidopholous milk due to lactose intolerance. i found lactaid pills makes milk tolerable for me in small quantities.

• icn_mom
    by icn_mom
    December 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I would have made the switch my mixing cups half and half (half silk half milk)... then i would cut that down 1/4 silk 3/4 milk.. and do that until it turns to straight milk!

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    December 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Mine stopped at some point. I never drank milk, ever.
  • frndlyfn
    December 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Why not get ovaltine or something that is fairly healthy but chocolately as well.

• Ama2Gunner
    December 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Humans do not need to drink milk. We can get calcium from many other sources. I would not be concerned at all.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts