Advice for Moms

Darby571
Preparing formula for Outings
December 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Just wondering how other mom's out there prepare formula for outings... I've heard of... 

1. Placing water in bottle and using a formula dispenser - my concern is what kind of water and will the water grow bacteria if left in the bottle for more then a few hours? I have heard that the distilled and spring water are not good for babies because of the additives

2. Making bottles ahead of time and using a coolor and then using a car heater to warm or a cup of hot water - here my concern is I will be out and LO will start screaming (which she does if her bottle is not ready) and I will have to wait 10 minutes for the bottle to get to room temperature

Any suggestions?? 

Replies

• AvasMommaxxoo
    December 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I use Gerber baby water. I put the water in the bottles and put them in a bottle bag. I heat them up longer than i  usually would if serving right away and so when i go for them while out they are still warm. I bring a can of formula or use my dispenser and put the formula in, shake and serve. Wash out bottles as soon as you can but you can always boil them before washing to make sure =)

• mamaeagle216
    December 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    We always had ready to feed so I'm no help but here's a bump.
  • bmcandmmh
    December 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

i dont think it will grow bacteria if you leave regular tap water in the bottles. i did this all the time even when i was at home for almost 2 years.  i would pour the powder in after. sometimes the water would sit in the bottles 10 hours or an entire day.

• erinsmom1964
    December 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Wow I had no idea this was such a big deal. I usually made one before leaving and if I thought I would need more while out I just brought along a jug of water and a can of formula.    Nothing fancy...no nursery water or whatever but we had good city water.

Advice for Moms