Featured Posts
alt075
so upset by daughters haircut. Help on fixing please.
by alt075
December 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Today we went to get my dd's haircut. We wanted a angled bob. In the front her hair was not supposed to come above her chin and her hair from the back was supposed to angle down to the front. The girl didn't do that at all. She started the haircut right. However I could not see the front to see how long it was. I should have gotton up and went and checked. My mistake for trusting. Never again. However for someone to not take to instructions this bad is beyond me why they even let her cut hair at all.

Anyway what i'm looking for is some advice to correct the cut to make it look a little better and styling it. My daughter is so upset. Sais she looks like a boy. :(

before:

after:

Here is a update:

THis is what we did for school today. She is much calmer now. I'm just waiting for the phone call. I don't want to do any fixing to her hair till I talk to the district people to show them. 

Replies

• JMmomof2
    December 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    Go and get the back stacked and pin her bangs back.
  • terpmama
    Hmmm.... Pixie?
  • Jynnifer292

Oh dear, poor kid. She even left her bangs all uneven. Tell her she is still adorable and it will grow out.

• robyann
    by robyann
    December 11, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I'm not much on styling hair, I just let it do what it does lol. I think it looks cute, maybe not the way you  wanted it, but it does look cute. I'd try to tell dd that it's ok, that you actually like it. Help her to feel better about it. GL

• KayLundy3
    December 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    Sigh* find some pretty hair ribbon.. you might have to wait for it to grow back. Until then hair accessories might help.
  • momof2little1s
    December 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    Poor girl! I would have it cut into a pixie cut.
  • -42-
    by -42-
    December 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

It needs layers or something, the worst thing I see with it is that it's too much like a block.

• alt075
    by alt075
    December 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Thanks everyone. Yeah I did tell her she is cute and her hair will grow back. She is still upset. Tommorw we are going to try puttin some cute clips we got and maybe a little curl to spruce it up. I just don't think this suits her face at all. Of course i won't tell her that. Her first experience with a bad hair cut.:(

I like the idea of stacking it in the back. I will take her somewhere else to touch up her hair to make it a little better.

• alt075
    by alt075
    December 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Someone said pixie cut earlier but I don't know what a pixie cut is. 

Quoting momof2little1s:

Poor girl! I would have it cut into a pixie cut.

• 2girlsMom.MN
    December 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

My daughter and I have had a "inverted bob" or "posh spice" bob a million times. From my experiance you have to go to a higher end salon to get it done correctly. We too have had alot of screw ups. It's the most adorable haircut in the world when done correctly but because it's a challenging haircut it's a must to let a pro do it and not the $10 dollar place down the road. 

Let it grow out. About February or so take her some place that knows what they are doing and let them try and fix it, by then it may have grown out enough to do so. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN