Advice for Moms

Lvlyskittles
Long distance relationships
December 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM

What do you think about long distance relationships? Tell me your thoughts

Replies

• KelliansMom
    December 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    Hubby and I are kind of in one. He travels for work for weeks to months at a time. And only is able to come home for a weekend here and there. We make it work bc we love and trust each other. If you don't have a strong relationship then it will not work. And if you don't really take the time to nurture and grow the relationship it won't work.
  • Lvlyskittles
    December 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Awww that is so cute. That shows the trust and love. That's what I'm in at the moment and won't be moving out to my boyfriend till Feb. we been in this long distant relationship for awhile now. It gets stressful at times but the calls and web camming makes it all better. We are so old school too. We love to take the time and write letters to each other and mail them and just wait till we get our letters. Its so fun to do 

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    December 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    I think they are very hard. twice in our marriage my husband's job has created a soirritation where we have had to.live hours apart for months at as time. It is difficult for us, and all but impossible for the kids.
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I don't know...what are you expecting?  Do I think they work?  That depends upon the couple how hard they are willing to make it work. 

• busymom64064
    December 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM
    This

Quoting CoeyG:

I don't know...what are you expecting?  Do I think they work?  That depends upon the couple how hard they are willing to make it work. 

• 504bbymami
    December 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM
    They are hard work but def possible. I've made it work
  • Lvlyskittles
    December 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Not expecting nothing. My relationship is great. Just wanted to know what others thought about it 

• sassy21176
    December 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

some-times it works for some-people

• Mommy2justone
    December 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Never had one. I met my husband living across the street from him and he is a computer programmer, so he doesn't travel. 
    But I have seen some work, and I have seen some fall apart.  

• snowiscold
    December 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I think it depends on the couple.  I met my husband playing euchre on yahoo.  We would see each other every weekend by alternating weekends to see each other (I would drive to him one weekend, he would drive to me the following weekend).  We ended up moving in together six months later and have now been married 12 years (well, on Dec 22nd it will be 12 years).  Personally, I wouldn't be able to do the long distance relationship for a long period of time because I need that person with me.

Advice for Moms