Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
ballerossandra
Gift to child care provider
December 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I can't afford to spend money this Xmas and I have already spent on secret elf at work and $ 60 for all my awards for students.so my nanny and daycare providers still need something.

will be be odd to give them homemade cookies?

any other suggestion?

thanks

Replies

• meghansmommy987
    December 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    No not odd, but as a nanny I would prefer maybe a bookmark (laminated) made by the child and a book, or just something made to tailor what the nanny likes, breakfast (bagels or donuts) on Christmas eve. As for daycare providers cookies or just a thankyou/ Christmas card are fine.
  • JasonsMom2007
    December 10, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    Imo employees (such as a nanny) should be given a monetary Christmas bonus.
    For child care Providers cookies are fine :)
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 10, 2012 at 12:03 AM

A small dlollar store fram and a photo of your child in it.

• ballerossandra
    December 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM

She has only worked for us since sep and she works 12 hours per week, sometimes 15 . She's neither great nor too bad but I just found it easier to keep her for now instead of training a new person. She constantly asks to leave 15 or 20 minutes earlier and she often comes 30 m earlier. I actually told her today to ask me if she can come earlier as man times, I am not home and I just come because she is about to arrive.she got a $40 certificate for thanksgiving

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Imo employees (such as a nanny) should be given a monetary Christmas bonus.
    For child care Providers cookies are fine :)

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    December 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    I love homemade gifts. Get the kids involved and have them make something too. It'll be personal and just for them rather than something from a store that the whole world can buy.
  • CampClan
    December 10, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    Daycare workers LOVE cookies!! :) I work with infants at a center & anything homemade (even break & bake cookies) are good!
  • ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
    December 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Everyone loves a good cookie I say bake away lol

• raleighmom
    December 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I am a nanny and would love a $5 Starbucks card or even scratch off tickets.  

• Mommy2justone
    December 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I think that would be a great gift :)

• kirbymom
    December 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM

By all means make some cookies. And make them with your kids too. I would rather get a gift that way anyway. It makes it more of a special gift if it is homemade and came from the heart.  You may even want to do a handmade card as well. If she is worth her salt as an understanding human being, she will love the gift. :)  

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts