Featured Posts
ballerossandra
Gift to child care provider
December 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I can't afford to spend money this Xmas and I have already spent on secret elf at work and $ 60 for all my awards for students.so my nanny and daycare providers still need something.

will be be odd to give them homemade cookies?

any other suggestion?

thanks

Replies

• meghansmommy987
    December 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    No not odd, but as a nanny I would prefer maybe a bookmark (laminated) made by the child and a book, or just something made to tailor what the nanny likes, breakfast (bagels or donuts) on Christmas eve. As for daycare providers cookies or just a thankyou/ Christmas card are fine.
  • JasonsMom2007
    December 10, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    Imo employees (such as a nanny) should be given a monetary Christmas bonus.
    For child care Providers cookies are fine :)
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 10, 2012 at 12:03 AM

A small dlollar store fram and a photo of your child in it.

• ballerossandra
    December 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM

She has only worked for us since sep and she works 12 hours per week, sometimes 15 . She's neither great nor too bad but I just found it easier to keep her for now instead of training a new person. She constantly asks to leave 15 or 20 minutes earlier and she often comes 30 m earlier. I actually told her today to ask me if she can come earlier as man times, I am not home and I just come because she is about to arrive.she got a $40 certificate for thanksgiving

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Imo employees (such as a nanny) should be given a monetary Christmas bonus.
    For child care Providers cookies are fine :)

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    December 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    I love homemade gifts. Get the kids involved and have them make something too. It'll be personal and just for them rather than something from a store that the whole world can buy.
  • CampClan
    December 10, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    Daycare workers LOVE cookies!! :) I work with infants at a center & anything homemade (even break & bake cookies) are good!
  • ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
    December 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Everyone loves a good cookie I say bake away lol

• raleighmom
    December 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I am a nanny and would love a $5 Starbucks card or even scratch off tickets.  

• Mommy2justone
    December 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I think that would be a great gift :)

• kirbymom
    December 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM

By all means make some cookies. And make them with your kids too. I would rather get a gift that way anyway. It makes it more of a special gift if it is homemade and came from the heart.  You may even want to do a handmade card as well. If she is worth her salt as an understanding human being, she will love the gift. :)  

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN