Featured Posts
NookBoookMom
uncirc son and confusing "advice" from our new doctor
December 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

This isnt for debate on circ versus uncirc. My 1st DS is uncirc without any problems. We have a new doctor and I took my 10 month old in b/.c he had thrush and not tolerating his formula. Well she told me that while looking at my son's penis that I needed to retract it every day a couple of times a day. Now I have never heard of this. I told her I didnt feel comfortable with her trying to retract it and if she could leave it alone. my 1st ds is 10 years old and I cannot remeber , are you supposed to retract it ? I always thought to leave it alone ? 

Replies

• JMmama
    by JMmama
    December 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    Leave it alone! No one should retract a foreskin except the owner of said foreskin.
  • NookBoookMom
    December 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Quoting JMmama:

Leave it alone! No one should retract a foreskin except the owner of said foreskin.

Thanks! That's what I thought and I told dh good thing I listened to my instints. I told dh I wasnt trying to be mean but if there is nothing wrong why all of a sudden try to "fix" the problem. 

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    December 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Hell no, she is a freaking idiot!

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    December 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Unfortunately a lot of pediatricians are pretty ignorant about intact little boys. My pedi tried to retract my son also. 

• mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    December 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    No, don't retract it. Ever. The first and only person to retract the foreskin should be the owner of the penis.
  • trebelcleff
    December 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Both my son's are circ'd and even I know you shouldn't retract intact foreskin!  Glad you listened to your instincts!

• emmy526
    by emmy526
    December 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

tell that dr she needs to educate herself on intact boys before she does some little boy harm with that kind of 'advice'...

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    December 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I have girls and I even know not to do that, ROFL!!

• piwife
    by piwife
    December 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    My son is circ but even I know you don't retract
  • NookBoookMom
    December 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM
    Ty ladies ;)
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to