Featured Posts
navygirlrider
Has any mom in here been induced early?
December 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Has any mom in here been induced early due to hypothyroidism? If so, when and how was your experience?

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    December 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Induced late. Not fun. Ugh.
  • mommaFruFru
    December 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    Not due to that reason. But I've had either my water broken or pitocin with all 3 children, my labor isn't very efficient :/
  • MagicTemptation
    December 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I was induced with my first at 35 weeks due to preeclampsia. My blood pressure was at 170/110. They couldn't get it to go down so the doctor induced. They made me get an epidural. I couldn't feel anything. I could barely push. Honestly I can barely remember delivery and the next few days were a blur as well. I've had 5 other pregnancies since without much issues. 

What is it your concerned about?

• hippiechik3
    December 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Yes, almost 4 weeks early but for kidney stones. It wasnt fun at all. 2 days of contractions an only dilated a lil then they popped my water an he came right after.

• ferne3
    by ferne3
    December 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I was induced due to borderline preeclampsia at 39 weeks.  First baby, so no way to compare without pitosin, but I have heard that pitosin makes the contractions more painful.  Since I have not delivered without it, I can't comment.  And, as I kept telling my husband, it is what it is, once the contractions start, you can't get off the ride, just keep going to the end.   I found that for my delivery I had this ideal delivery in my mind that almost no one gets (not that everyone has the same ideal but no one I know 'gets' their ideal.)  Then I had different alternate scenarios that I was mentally prepared for.  Then I had my actual delivery which wasn't anything like I expected.  I have no thyroids (surgically removed 10+ years ago) but we never spoke about early induction for that with either my ob nor my endocrinologist.  The synthroid managed my thyroid levels and the baby's just fine.  I also have history of blood clots, so I am on blood thinners, which means they want to induce one week early again (I am at 30 weeks now) - this time so that I can deliver with meds.  'Cause last time was without anything (I mean really - they couldn't even give me tylenol) and that I wasn't prepared for.  More power to the natural women out there, but not sure what I am going to do this time....I guess my only suggestion is to try and visualize all the possible scenarios and how you will deal with them.  It was only the things I hadn't thought of (i.e. no meds) that kind of threw me.  Anything I had visualized didn't really phase me.  Good luck!  The worrying is really the worst part.

• OliviaW.
    December 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Not for that but for preeclampsia with high blood pressure. I have hyperthyoidism but that didn't affect anything. 

• kirbymom
    December 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Yes I was induced with a few of my kids. My first one I was induced early and did just fine. My 3rd child, I was also induced because the baby was decending and my water wouldn't break and I was 2 weeks late. lol   I was also induced with my sixth child due to being almost a whole month late.  I have had 7 children all total. :)   

• ONA7DAY
    by ONA7DAY
    December 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I was induced at 36weeks after a Amniocentesis was done to determine lungs were developed.

*pitocin for me was H>E>L>L

• Ang9403
    by Ang9403
    December 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    I was induced all three times. But my second I was induced a week early. The other two was after my due date for different reasons.
  • la_bella_vita
    December 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Yes, I was induced 2 weeks early and ended up with a c-section.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN