Advice for Moms

navygirlrider
Has any mom in here been induced early?
December 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Has any mom in here been induced early due to hypothyroidism? If so, when and how was your experience?

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    December 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Induced late. Not fun. Ugh.
  • mommaFruFru
    December 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    Not due to that reason. But I've had either my water broken or pitocin with all 3 children, my labor isn't very efficient :/
  • MagicTemptation
    December 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I was induced with my first at 35 weeks due to preeclampsia. My blood pressure was at 170/110. They couldn't get it to go down so the doctor induced. They made me get an epidural. I couldn't feel anything. I could barely push. Honestly I can barely remember delivery and the next few days were a blur as well. I've had 5 other pregnancies since without much issues. 

What is it your concerned about?

• hippiechik3
    December 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Yes, almost 4 weeks early but for kidney stones. It wasnt fun at all. 2 days of contractions an only dilated a lil then they popped my water an he came right after.

• ferne3
    by ferne3
    December 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I was induced due to borderline preeclampsia at 39 weeks.  First baby, so no way to compare without pitosin, but I have heard that pitosin makes the contractions more painful.  Since I have not delivered without it, I can't comment.  And, as I kept telling my husband, it is what it is, once the contractions start, you can't get off the ride, just keep going to the end.   I found that for my delivery I had this ideal delivery in my mind that almost no one gets (not that everyone has the same ideal but no one I know 'gets' their ideal.)  Then I had different alternate scenarios that I was mentally prepared for.  Then I had my actual delivery which wasn't anything like I expected.  I have no thyroids (surgically removed 10+ years ago) but we never spoke about early induction for that with either my ob nor my endocrinologist.  The synthroid managed my thyroid levels and the baby's just fine.  I also have history of blood clots, so I am on blood thinners, which means they want to induce one week early again (I am at 30 weeks now) - this time so that I can deliver with meds.  'Cause last time was without anything (I mean really - they couldn't even give me tylenol) and that I wasn't prepared for.  More power to the natural women out there, but not sure what I am going to do this time....I guess my only suggestion is to try and visualize all the possible scenarios and how you will deal with them.  It was only the things I hadn't thought of (i.e. no meds) that kind of threw me.  Anything I had visualized didn't really phase me.  Good luck!  The worrying is really the worst part.

• OliviaW.
    December 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Not for that but for preeclampsia with high blood pressure. I have hyperthyoidism but that didn't affect anything. 

• kirbymom
    December 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Yes I was induced with a few of my kids. My first one I was induced early and did just fine. My 3rd child, I was also induced because the baby was decending and my water wouldn't break and I was 2 weeks late. lol   I was also induced with my sixth child due to being almost a whole month late.  I have had 7 children all total. :)   

• ONA7DAY
    by ONA7DAY
    December 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I was induced at 36weeks after a Amniocentesis was done to determine lungs were developed.

*pitocin for me was H>E>L>L

• Ang9403
    by Ang9403
    December 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    I was induced all three times. But my second I was induced a week early. The other two was after my due date for different reasons.
  • la_bella_vita
    December 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Yes, I was induced 2 weeks early and ended up with a c-section.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts