Advice for Moms

kn92706
how do you know its the right thing after breaking up?
by kn92706
December 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I broke up w/my boyfriend after 8 yrs and 1 son together. we live together. he doesnt want to be broken up. Im having mixed emotions about it. part of me is relieved, then im sad, then im fine about it!  he is bipolar and i had had enough, the disrespect to me and my son, he would have temper tantrums. I would always tell him to be a role model for our son. I snapped. How do u know its the right thing? Im having a hard time dealing!

Replies

• kn92706
    by kn92706
    December 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM

BUMP!

• rebel_mommy09
    December 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    Idk hun :( my SO and I are on the rocks after a year and a half. I wish I knew the answer
  • kn92706
    by kn92706
    December 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM

:( it sux!!

• kn92706
    by kn92706
    December 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM

BUMP!

• deviljrswifey
    December 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM
    He has a diease. My mother and brother are both bi-polar. I know its hard to deal with. Is he on meds for it or no?
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM

If you broke up then you shouldn't be living together.  Although you are parents of your child you both need to move on with your own lives.  However if he is bipolar that is a mental illness and you should try to understand it.  If he is seeing a therapist maybe you should join him and learn a little about the illness because your son might ben genetically linked to having it as well when he gets older. 

• hopealways4019
    December 7, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    You know its the right thing. Because now you feel relieved! I was in an abusive relationship with a bi polar man. I don't feel guilty for leaving him, it was the right thing to do for me and my children safety.
  • kn92706
    by kn92706
    December 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM

thank you girls, bipolar is very hard to deal with! Ive been fighting for this relationship for our whole relationship. There were times when I was happy but when he would have those episodes I just couldnt deal, esp with my son in the situation. He is on meds. And we are only living this way bc we just broke up the day after thanksgiving. We also had moved 1500 miles away from family and friends....

• Beenhereforever
    December 7, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    I did the same thing. After 8 years and 2 kids I said bye bye. He made me feel like the bad guy and it was horrible. Best thing I ever did was leave him. Also I know money is right but you cannot live together...
  • emmy526
    by emmy526
    December 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM

you feel relieved that no more drama is going to happen, and relieved that you can raise your son how you see fit without interference.  You will feel at peace with your decisions, if they are the right ones.  

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts