Featured Posts
RAJ88
My Daughter and the Cleaner....
by RAJ88
December 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Recently my husband and I hired a cleaner. I am due to have our second baby next week and both have been in car accidents recently. We have no problem with the day to day stuff of keeping our house clean but the deep cleaning and mopping is really hard on our backs/neck etc. Anyways the first time she came my daughter was not happy that the cleaner was going into her bedroom (my daughter is four). She went into her room shut the door cleaned it from top to bottom and made her bed.. (fantastic works for me) but the cleaner still needed to dust and do the floors. Anyways my husband went out with her and the dog so they wouldnt be in her way. Today she came for the second time and my daughter is straight up peeved that the cleaner has to go into her room. Now I know my daughter sounds like shes being bratty etc. but for the most part or every other time someone comes over she always loves to show off her bedroom. She has no problem letting guests sleep in her bed, friends play with her toys etc. Anyone else have a similar problem or experience with this???

Replies

• jabs54
    by jabs54
    December 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I can't imagine my kids at 4 being "peeved" at someone going into their room to clean it.  Sounds extremely possessive to me.  I guess I would explain to her that while her room is hers, you are in charge and this is what is going to happen. 

• mynewlife2012
    December 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    I have a 4 year old who would most Likley act the same way... I would try to sit her down and talk to her about why it makes her upset and explain that you cannot do it
  • atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    December 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    Wow, tell her too bad. I have had cleaners since my girls were small and they are grown. They never cared.
  • 1squishysmom
    December 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I just have boys, and they would be THRILLED to have someone clean their rooms! Does she like to keep all of her things a certain way in her room? Maybe she's afraid things will get moved around.

• RAJ88
    by RAJ88
    December 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM

my husband has given her a few time outs for being rude or having an attitude around it. Its just werid she has never had an issue around something like that before. We have never had a cleaner before so maybe its because shes a stranger. shes usually very inviting to her room so maybe she is afraid that her stuff will get moved around or something...

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

She probably has her room cleaned the way she wants it and doesn't want it "messed" with.  She doesn't know what the housekeeper is going to consider trash and toss and what isn't.  Let your daughter "supervise" the cleaning

• RAJ88
    by RAJ88
    December 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I spoke with her last night and she thought the cleaner was going to go in and move her toys and nicknacks around (her special things) I explained to her that she was jsut going to dust and do the floors and she seemed to be okay with that...lol kids are so funny

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN