Advice for Moms

Mommy2justone
3 year old Girl Birthday Present! Need help asap!!
December 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I am going to the store tonight. 
My neighbors little girl just turned 3 and they are having her party Saturday. We got her a doll last year, and she threw a fit wanting nothing but the doll and wouldn't open any other presents, LOL! So her dad, politely, asked if we could refrain from giving her a doll this year.  (She has a about 40 dolls)
I am at a loss.
My daughter is 5, and for the life of me I can't remember what she loved at 3 years old.

HELP! 

Replies

• mynewlife2012
    December 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    Get her a puzzle or a book... Some thing that has learning letters and numbers. That's what I got my dd when she was three
  • Mommy2justone
    December 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Thanks! I will see what I can find along those lines maybe.

Quoting mynewlife2012:

Get her a puzzle or a book... Some thing that has learning letters and numbers. That's what I got my dd when she was three

• carterscutie85
    December 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Maybe something like an educational laptop or other learning toys. Tag Juniors are pretty inexpensive.

• EmilysMom2010
    December 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Sit and spin.
  • alexis_06
    December 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I got my daughter a stand n play sand table/box thingy...it came with an umbrella to block the sun too. also got some coloured sand for it, she loved it!

• StacyO722
    December 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

DD loves books, art supplies, musical instruments. She also likes the Littlest Pet Shop toys.

She's 3 1/2.

• Mommy2justone
    December 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM

LOl, I don't want to spend that much! 
    I was thinking about $25. 

Quoting alexis_06:

I got my daughter a stand n play sand table/box thingy...it came with an umbrella to block the sun too. also got some coloured sand for it, she loved it!

• mommychey
    December 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Inch worm, Big wheel , those silly things with a handle that you push across the floor and they make pop sounds, Bubble Machine , and the sit and spin has already been mentioned but my three yr old niece absolutely loves sit and spin.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    December 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

My daughter loves puzzles and arts/craft and she is 3.

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    December 4, 2012 at 3:04 PM

What about accessories for the doll?   little high chair, a stroller, a "diaper" bag.

Or how about a child's tea set?

or completely break the mold and give her some trains (my daughter loved trains at this age) or race cars.

Advice for Moms