Advice for Moms

Mommy2justone
3 year old Girl Birthday Present! Need help asap!!
December 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I am going to the store tonight. 
My neighbors little girl just turned 3 and they are having her party Saturday. We got her a doll last year, and she threw a fit wanting nothing but the doll and wouldn't open any other presents, LOL! So her dad, politely, asked if we could refrain from giving her a doll this year.  (She has a about 40 dolls)
I am at a loss.
My daughter is 5, and for the life of me I can't remember what she loved at 3 years old.

HELP! 

Replies

• mynewlife2012
    December 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    Get her a puzzle or a book... Some thing that has learning letters and numbers. That's what I got my dd when she was three
  • Mommy2justone
    December 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Thanks! I will see what I can find along those lines maybe.

Quoting mynewlife2012:

Get her a puzzle or a book... Some thing that has learning letters and numbers. That's what I got my dd when she was three

• carterscutie85
    December 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Maybe something like an educational laptop or other learning toys. Tag Juniors are pretty inexpensive.

• EmilysMom2010
    December 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Sit and spin.
  • alexis_06
    December 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I got my daughter a stand n play sand table/box thingy...it came with an umbrella to block the sun too. also got some coloured sand for it, she loved it!

• StacyO722
    December 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

DD loves books, art supplies, musical instruments. She also likes the Littlest Pet Shop toys.

She's 3 1/2.

• Mommy2justone
    December 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM

LOl, I don't want to spend that much! 
    I was thinking about $25. 

Quoting alexis_06:

I got my daughter a stand n play sand table/box thingy...it came with an umbrella to block the sun too. also got some coloured sand for it, she loved it!

• mommychey
    December 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Inch worm, Big wheel , those silly things with a handle that you push across the floor and they make pop sounds, Bubble Machine , and the sit and spin has already been mentioned but my three yr old niece absolutely loves sit and spin.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    December 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

My daughter loves puzzles and arts/craft and she is 3.

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    December 4, 2012 at 3:04 PM

What about accessories for the doll?   little high chair, a stroller, a "diaper" bag.

Or how about a child's tea set?

or completely break the mold and give her some trains (my daughter loved trains at this age) or race cars.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts