Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
2bkayleesmommy
the mystery of aunt flow.. question (it's NOT an "am I pregnant?" post)
December 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Okay, so my periods have been regular most my life minus the month of 2 after it returns from having a baby. So this month my period was 7 days late, didn't think much to it, just kinda like "where r u?" I'm sexually active but I use protection and I've only got pregnant TTC no opps pregnancy and we always use a condom. No ripped ones either. Anyways, it was 7 days late, then it came and was very very heavy soaking a "super" tampon every hour 1/2. Sometimes sooner and I ruined 3 pairs of pj's. It ONLY lasted 2 days (I'm usually 5 days) ne-ways it lasted 2 days 2nd day not as heavy @ night and bam, done! I've never had this happened. That was 2 days ago. Anyone ever have this happen?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    December 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I have had heavier ones that last shorter yes but it hasnt arrived late like that.

• wifeynmommie80
    December 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Yep, I had that, it went on for like 6 months odd periods, sometimes I swore I was pregnant, I would would only flow 2 days then the next month flow like I was dying. Plus I developed like killer anxiety too.  It was soooo wierd.  I went to by OBGYN, and they did some test and found that my hormones were a bit out of wack, that was all.

• Mommy2justone
    December 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Yes, your hormones change as you get older and so can your period. Mine went from 35 days to 42 days. Now they are just irregular and crazy. 

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM

As we get older our homones change.,  We have fewer eggs (females have a certain amount of eggs and that is it).  The fewer the eggs to drop the slower our cycles.  OUr cycles change often throughout our lifetime.  

• raegan1221
    December 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I always have weird ones like that. I am convinced my body hates me, lol.

• StrawberryCool
    December 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    Your hormones are scewed up.

Call your ob.

You need to be tested for somethings.

And just so you know, condoms can rip and break while going at it and you may nit know
  • 2bkayleesmommy
    December 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    When we're done we tie the condom and push the semen down to see if it leaks out from a tiny hole we can't see. I can't get pregnant and I'm trying to convince my sex slave (lol jk) to get nipped. But my last pregnancy made me very very sick, and in hospital a lot, and my baby ended up in nicu preemie cause my dumb body! So no no no!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Your hormones are scewed up.

Call your ob.

You need to be tested for somethings.

And just so you know, condoms can rip and break while going at it and you may nit know

• kirbymom
    December 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Yes, I have had this happen to me. It means you are switching from one ovary to the other. Ask your Dr. to tell you how this works so that you may better understand how they effect your periods and even how long or short they may be.  They even effect how painful your periods can be. It really is amazing once you realize what is going on when this time of the month starts. And if you start tracking what your periods are like every month, you can even tell which ovary is the one that is expelling your blood flow from.  No need to worry, I don't think.  :)  

• DaniandTom
    December 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I dealt with that for many many years until I had an ovary and tube twist and had to have it removed. After that, they were as regular as clockwork and went from 7-10 days down to 4-5. Talk to your doctor about it. It may just be a hormonal imbalance or it may be fibroid tumors (those are not cancerous so don't be scared by that) or something entirely different. Good luck! ♥Hugs♥

• 1smartcookie
    December 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

My first period after the birth of my third child was incredibly heavy like you described. It never happened like that after my first two. My gyn put me on Lo Estrin and that helped with the heavy bleeding.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts