Featured Posts
Sunshinejay11
12 year old wet her pants on camp - help
December 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Hi 

I dont really know how to approach this situation I have a 12 year old daughter who recently had a really emabarrasing situation happen to her. She was on a camp (not a school camp) and as kids do they had been drinking lots of soda and fizzy drink, she went to the loo before bed then went to sleep.  She woke up in the middle of the night busting to go but she was to scared to go out to the toilets as they where quite away over down a bush track, she held on for a bit and tried to go back to sleep, then looked at her watch and it was only 3am and she was desperate so she woke up her friend and asked her to go with her and they got there torch and went she got to the toilets and they where all locked, she said to her friend its ok and they went back to their room.  about half an hour later she couldnt hold on anymore and wet her pants and bed she then had to lie in it till the morning, she got changed into clean clothes but her materess was wet and a couple of other kids noticed, she has been being teased and it is all over facebook that she p*ssed her bed etc with pictures of the wet matress.  She is so upset

Any advice on how to deal with it with her 

and also i am not impressed the toilets where locked!!

Thanks 

Replies

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    December 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Aw poor kid.  There should have been facilities for the children to use in the night, even if they had to wake up an adult to unlock.  Perhaps if she'd laugh along with the teasers they'd let it go? 

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Sympathize.

Let her know you can imagine this must be horribly embarrassing.     And if you have some stories to share with her about being REALLY embarrassed yourself (maybe you've never told anyone before ?) it could help.      Especially if you can point out that things go back to normal in time.

Let her know she is heard and respected and not alone in the world where we all have embarrassments here and there...

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 2, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Nothing to oo now.  It's over.  She should have found a spot ontside where she could squat and piss she wouldn't be the first girl to do so while on a camp out.  I did it several times myself. 

• funhappymom
    December 3, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Aw, how embarassing that had to be. Just keep encouraging her. Soon something else will happen that will get the attention off of her.

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    December 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I agree. Just sympathize and be there for her.

Social media does make it difficult but just be supportive of her.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Quoting doulala:

Sympathize.

Let her know you can imagine this must be horribly embarrassing.     And if you have some stories to share with her about being REALLY embarrassed yourself (maybe you've never told anyone before ?) it could help.      Especially if you can point out that things go back to normal in time.

Let her know she is heard and respected and not alone in the world where we all have embarrassments here and there...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN