Featured Posts
mypbandj
How does Amazon Prime work?
December 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

It seems as if you can check out a book from their kindle library if you have Prime - is there a limit on how many books you can borrow? Is it just one at a time?

Any adivce is welcome. Thanks!

Replies

• mammabear413
    December 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM

so u pay a one fee a year like 80 90 bucks, then on most itemss u get free shipping ,  if its someone esle selling it not amazon usally u pay shipping , also they have free kindle books n movies u can download. im not sure if there is a limit i dont think so 

• jillbailey26
    December 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM

One book can be borrowed at a time, but there are no due dates.  You can borrow a book once a month.  I don't think it works on Kindle apps, but it does work on actual Kindles.

• erinsmom1964
    December 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM

It gives you FREE 2 day shipping on most items. and very reduced overnight shipping rates unless it is direct from seller so MOST items Amazon carries.  Fro example I got my DD Britax Frontier 85 at my door step in under 24 hours for $3.99.  It paid for itself for us just last Christmas.  

You get to borrow one book a month for your Kindle.  It doesn't work on all books but there are thousands.  I LOVE that feature as well

You also have thousands of movies and tv shows that you can stream to your tv or computer or other device for free no limit.  AGAIN it is certain Prime titles for example we watched Natl lampoons Xmas last night.  Lots of kids stuff too.

Last yr during Christmas time they offered a 3 month free trial I knew we would keep it by the 3 rd week it is awesome!!

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    December 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM

1 book a calendar month, and only if it says borrow this book for free with Prime.

• lilmama8408
    December 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    Its a once a year fee.
    Free 2day shipping on most items. Or 3.99/item for 1day

It pays for itself every year with free shipping
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    December 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I hesitated to get Prime because I have limited bandwidth and the streaming uses the customer's own bandwidth, right?  But I love the other features- the fast delivery, and I even like to borrow a book a month.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

It gives you FREE 2 day shipping on most items. and very reduced overnight shipping rates unless it is direct from seller so MOST items Amazon carries.  Fro example I got my DD Britax Frontier 85 at my door step in under 24 hours for $3.99.  It paid for itself for us just last Christmas.  

You get to borrow one book a month for your Kindle.  It doesn't work on all books but there are thousands.  I LOVE that feature as well

You also have thousands of movies and tv shows that you can stream to your tv or computer or other device for free no limit.  AGAIN it is certain Prime titles for example we watched Natl lampoons Xmas last night.  Lots of kids stuff too.

Last yr during Christmas time they offered a 3 month free trial I knew we would keep it by the 3 rd week it is awesome!!

• fullofhope1
    December 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    Yes one book a month. But a lot of the shipping is prime so you can get stuff without the shipping cost. At my college we get it for free.
  • fullofhope1
    December 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    Or if you DO have to pay for shipping a lot of the time it lets you upgrade to one day shipping for free!
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    December 1, 2012 at 12:00 PM

If you order a lot from Amazon, it is worth trying the prime. I was always trying to get to the $25 free shipping limit by adding something on that I might not really be interested in, but now I have free shipping and don't need to buy $25 each time.

• erinsmom1964
    December 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM

LOL Honestly I for got about the streaming until just a week or so ago..:) Between the shipping and the book borrow its paid for itself. I don't know how the streaming works but I would assume your correct as it is over our WiFi system in the house.  You may see if they are offering the free trial still so you can test drive it.  I actually felt kinda guilty as I got the free trial during xmas last yr

Quoting Bmat:

I hesitated to get Prime because I have limited bandwidth and the streaming uses the customer's own bandwidth, right?  But I love the other features- the fast delivery, and I even like to borrow a book a month.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts