Advice for Moms

cajun_lady_swla
Christmas Trees (PIOG)
November 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM
So ladies...... Which do you have in your home for the holidays, a live tree or an artificial? How big is your tree, and if it is live which species do you choose? Are you one of the true holiday addicts that puts up more than one? And of course, do you decorate the tree to a set theme or are you the kind that throws on a little bit of everything? :D

ETA: These photos are beautiful! Feel free to share yalls Christmas tree pictures for everyone to enjoy a bit of the holidays!

Replies

• cajun_lady_swla
    November 30, 2012 at 1:16 AM
    I'll start. We have 3 trees. Two are 6 foot artificials and the main one is a 7-8 foot live tree. In years past we always had Frazier Firs (they held their needles incredibly well) but as of last year we changed it up a bit. We bought a tree in a pot.... A 7 foot Leyland Cypress and man oh man did we LOVE IT. It now resides in the front yard and we'll be adding another this year. :) The three trees each have their own theme. One is my louisiana sports tree (LSU and N.O.), the other is my school tree (where the boys' school projects will be proudly displayed, and the live tree usually has a cajun Christmas theme. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday!
  • JasonsMom2007
    November 30, 2012 at 1:17 AM

we have a 9' artificial in the living room then both kids have a 2' artificial in their bedrooms.  My son is allergic to real trees.

• cajun_lady_swla
    November 30, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    I feel for those with allergies. To not have something by choice is one thing, but to be denied it because it can hurt/kill you is so unfair. :/
  • lilmama8408
    November 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM
    Dh and the kids have allergies so we have a fake 7foot pre lit tree. We let ds decorate it. Dd is only 5months. We have a small home and ds won't leave the thing alone so we don't put it up until a week or two before christmas. And it comes down the day after usually.
  • alexis_06
    November 30, 2012 at 2:25 AM

we have a fake tree.  its 6ft, pre lit.  at the end of last christmas i went and bought all new decorations for the tree...so i am sooooo excited to put it up this year..which will probably get done on sunday  :)  so excited!!!

• mamakenzi
    November 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I'm allergic to real trees so I have a 6 ft pre-lit white tree. Yes, there is a theme and it changes every 2 years and I match my wrapping paper to it. This year it's Merry Tex-mas Ya'll!
  • heidi749
    November 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I get one real one, and have a mini fake one in my kitchen, I perfer blue spruce for my Christmas tree, but do not always get it, they are more expencive,this year I think I am going to, but I am going to get it potted, so I can plant it in my yard after.

• huntersmama711
    November 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    We have a prelim artificial 6 and 1/2 ft tree. I'd prefer real but can't see spending so much money every year on something that's only gonna be up about a month or so. Anyone have tips on how to make it look fuller? I hate seeing gaps in the tree. Lol
  • Kaylawv2
    November 30, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    We have an artificial 6 1/2 ft tree. I'm allergic to real trees.
  • Kaylawv2
    November 30, 2012 at 8:47 AM

My tree.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts