Featured Posts
momtotwo08
Mamas that homeschool...
November 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Do you have to have a degree to do this? Sorry but I know absolutely nothing about it. I am terrified of sending my now 4 yo to school for 8 hrs next year. I think that's way too long for such a small child. He and I both have separation anxiety. Any advice??

Replies

• JasonsMom2007
    November 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    Nope no degree. What state do you live in? Laws vary by state. In most 5 year olds don't even have to go to school.
  • AutymsMommy
    November 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    Laws and rules vary by state. In my state, no, you do not need a degree.
  • motherofjb
    November 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    Bump!! I want to homeschool till old enough, 1st grade, to attend a private school. If funding is a problem I want to home school till I can get her into the private school!!! My little one is 2 1/2
  • momtotwo08
    November 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Nope no degree. What state do you live in? Laws vary by state. In most 5 year olds don't even have to go to school.

I live in sc.
  • EvaSerenity
    November 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    Im in SC too! We do the k12 program. The academic part is pretty decent. My first grader has a lot of fun with it!
  • momtotwo08
    November 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    Quoting motherofjb:

Bump!! I want to homeschool till old enough, 1st grade, to attend a private school. If funding is a problem I want to home school till I can get her into the private school!!! My little one is 2 1/2

He's in preschool now which is only 3 hrs a day but that drives me CRAZY!!! With all the school violence you just never know!!
  • momtotwo08
    November 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    Quoting EvaSerenity:

Im in SC too! We do the k12 program. The academic part is pretty decent. My first grader has a lot of fun with it!

He loves k4 for the most part but to me 8 hrs is just too long for a 5 yr old. I live in a very small town so things like school violence are rare but I still worry!!
  • JasonsMom2007
    November 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    Here's the laws for your state
    http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/alegal.html
  • EvaSerenity
    November 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    LOL k12.com, its an online charter school. Half online school, half offline. They supply all the materials and its free, even a computer rental if needed. The kids can work at their own pace and if they want to go to public school they start in whatever grade they left off in from k12.com

Quoting momtotwo08:

Quoting EvaSerenity:

He loves k4 for the most part but to me 8 hrs is just too long for a 5 yr old. I live in a very small town so things like school violence are rare but I still worry!!
  • momtotwo08
    November 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Here's the laws for your state
    http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/alegal.html

Thank you!! Apparently as long as I have a diploma I'm good to go. I'm going to think about it and decide. It tears my nerves up to think about leaving my baby with a stranger for that long!!
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts