Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
mamalusbear
Headphones for kids?
November 21, 2012 at 2:08 PM

DS is one and we're taking a fairly long plane ride to visit family for the holidays.  He likes Curious George on the Ipad, but we can't play it out loud.  Are there any headphones for kids?  They can't be the ones that stick in the ears either...he would never put up with that.

Replies

• Aurora-Dove
    November 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    You can usually find ones that are meant for kids in the toy section at walmart.
  • mammabear413
    November 21, 2012 at 2:26 PM

check out amazon theres tons of them

• meliscool72
    November 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

You can probably get them on amazon or even walmart or maybe walgreens, but for me I wouldn't allow my children to wear headphones until they were in school because I didn't want their hearing to be messed  up, however, when my oldest was on prek they let them wear them (and I didn't know until later on) and now he has hearing problems

• -42-
    by -42-
    November 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    My youngest has a pair of big old school looking headphones with Darth Vader on them. Found them @ Wal-Mart for 20 bucks.
  • -42-
    by -42-
    November 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    Depending on what they're using, you can set volume limits so it can't be cranked up so loud.

It's a lifesaver.

Quoting meliscool72:

You can probably get them on amazon or even walmart or maybe walgreens, but for me I wouldn't allow my children to wear headphones until they were in school because I didn't want their hearing to be messed  up, however, when my oldest was on prek they let them wear them (and I didn't know until later on) and now he has hearing problems

• meliscool72
    November 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM

true...However, I don't think they had volume control on theirs...I didn't see it on the headphones when I was looking at them when I found out

Quoting -42-:

Depending on what they're using, you can set volume limits so it can't be cranked up so loud.

It's a lifesaver.

Quoting meliscool72:

• storkradio193
    November 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM

We use a pair of kidz gear headphones for flights and they have worked well so far.

• mamakenzi
    November 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    I bought DD5 headphones at Best Buy. They are kid sized and they don't go above 50 or 60 decibels.
  • christababy
    November 21, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    We use Kidz Gear. It has a volume thing that doesn't allow it to get higher than a certain decibel.
  • Mom2Just1
    November 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM

We found our son's at Hot topic.  

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Accessories/Gifts/HeadphonesEarbuds/DC+Comics+Batman+Headphon-z360911.jsp

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts