Advice for Moms

carleighbriley
Mirena worries
November 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Ok, I've had mirena for about 8 months now and the only difference it has made is that my periods have been longer/heavier and for the first time ever I've started having actual PMS, cramping crazy mood swings, the whole nine yards. But now all I a sudden I've missed my period and I've been more tired and kinda blah in general for the past few weeks. The pamphlet says that about 20% of mirena users experience no periods, but being as this is just so sudden after 8 months it's kinda got me worried. I've heard about it moving out of place and stuff so I'm hoping that didn't happen because I so do not need to be pregnant again...
Any other mirena moms have it just stop your period suddenly after such a long time?

Replies

• PrettyLady80253
    November 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I never had the mirena my sister in law did she had issues similar to what you are describing so you might want to have the doc check it out, Hers started getting inbeded in the utern wall it wasn't supposed to.

• monkeymom1104
    November 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    My periods stopped after about 6 months. Then mine feel out, and my son turned a year earlier this month. If you can't feel your strings or if you think they moved see your doctor.
  • carleighbriley
    November 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    I've never been able to feel the string :/
  • Teacher101
    November 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I had a mirena, but had a different problem. I started getting large painful cysts on my ovaries. The OB who put it in insisted that it wasn't the cause, but I knew better. In addition, the side effects even state that this can happen. The OB put me on narcotic pain killers that made it hard for me to function in my job and at home. I went to a different OB and had it removed. I now use the ParaGuard IUD which is hormone free. No symptoms and it lasts 2x as long (10 years).

• carleighbriley
    November 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I think I'm just going to get it removed. I took a test and (thank goodness) it was negative. Either way, I don't like the fact that I can't feel the strings or the thought that it could move around without my knowledge... I'll probably get it removed and get the implanon instead so that I can definitely feel where it is at all times!

Advice for Moms