Featured Posts
Had3girls
help me with my kittens eyes =( please
November 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I just got 2 nnew lil kittens ..... their eyes were crusted up and the person I got them from said it was cause the mother wasn't cleanin them .... I've been cleanin their eyes couple times a day ... I looked it up on my phone (limited internet) and read somethin bout apple cider vinegar .... so I did what the posts were sayin to do ... needless to say they can open their eyes now but they still look sooooo awful =( its sad and I don't have the money to take them to a vet ..... does any1 have any advise for me?? Please help my kittens its just sooooooo sad I wanna b a good momma to them and fix their eyes

Replies

• juicebox.
    November 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Don't use applecider vinegar.  To clean their eyes, dilute some baking soda in water, very mild and blot their eyes.  It most likely a sign of upper respiratory problems, I'd call a vet, you may need antibiotics.

• ZakkarysMom
    November 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    They may have an infection. Can you post a photo? I was in school recently to become a vet tech so i know a little.
  • -PB
    by -PB
    November 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

That might be an infection.  I'd call a vet.

• rissamom224
    November 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM
    Its is a sinus infection!
    My kitten had the same thing, look for disinfectant eye drops you can also give them human sinus meds but only give them a half 25% of what you'd take.
  • ZakkarysMom
    November 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    Ok i looked it up in one of my books. Its an upper respiratory infection. They need an animal nasal decongestant. Also a vet will probably give u an antibiotic to prevent a secondary bacterial infection.
  • ZakkarysMom
    November 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    They also need an antibiotic ointment for their eyes. Push fluids and bring them into a steamy bathroom for 15 to 20 min a few times a day. Offer warmed soft kitten food. It will be more appealing than dry food now as they are ill. Be cautious because because they can be dehydrated easily. So again really push fluids. They need to see a vet. Their immune systems are too weak to fight this on their own.
  • ZakkarysMom
    November 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    Pm if u have any other questions. I will try to help as best as i can.
  • erinsmom1964
    November 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    Take them to the vet. The idiot you got them from lied and they could loose their vision. I know because I adopted a kitty that happened to also the URI can easily be deadly to small kittens. How old are they? Why haven't they had their shots yet?
  • Had3girls
    November 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM

The orange 1 seems to b getting better .... when I got them both oftheir eyes were crusted shut .... they stay open now thank god ...... all of the kittens had crusted eyes that were crusted shut .... its so sad .... I may not b able to afford a vet but atleast I'm tryin to help them .... the person I got them from never even cleaned their eyes =(
  • Had3girls
    November 18, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    I've had them for almost 2 wks .... they are bout month and half maybe 2 wks old I'm guessin ..... no I haven't got them their shots I don't know if the other guy did but I doubt it he didn't seem to care much .... its so sad .... I can't afford a vet so I gotta figure out a vet free option

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Take them to the vet. The idiot you got them from lied and they could loose their vision. I know because I adopted a kitty that happened to also the URI can easily be deadly to small kittens. How old are they? Why haven't they had their shots yet?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts