Advice for Moms

reizenskitty
stuffy 2 yr old...what to do?
November 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

My son has a cold and is really congested.Any tips on how to help him? I have the johnsons vapor bath soap but it doesnt work to well and the vicks baby vapor rub irritates his skin which bothers him and trying to use the little suctioner for the mucus is redundant because he ends up crying which makes more mucus.i just feel so bad for him because when he tries to sleep its hard for him to breath.

Replies

• ceo-mom
    by ceo-mom
    November 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

my mom used to have me run the shower with hot water very hot and closed the door then wait for about half and hour and go sit in bathroom with him for as long as you can take it, that heat and steam coming from the shower will do him so good. Not even a joke.

• Historykeeper
    November 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Hi reizenskitty,

Hopefully he is better by now, but for reference Natural is best. Safer, cheaper and they work with no side effects.  The way to solve health concerns is to go to everythingessential.me and look up issue. Find out which oils will work for you, then go to http://www.intheoil.com/ and get your oils. Please feel free to call me with any questions, 775-690-8604, DeAnna~

• CorpCityGrl
    November 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Put a humidifier in his room at night.  You should try a warm mist one.

Saline drops.  Use a couple of times a day.  Put a few in and suction his nose right away.  I know he'll fight you, but you'll notice a difference.  If you can find it, I'd suggest getting a Nosefrida.  It looks kinda gross, but it isn't and it works wonders for stuffy noses.  DD hated it at first until she saw how much mucus we were able to suction out and how much better she can breathe after using it.

Run a hot shower and sit in the bathroom with him for a few minutes.  The steam will help him.

Elevate his head when he's sleeping.  I do this with pillows.

Try menthol or eucalyptus anything.  Vicks can often irritate, so try mixing it with some Vaseline or Aquaphor before applying it. 

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Quoting Historykeeper:

Hi reizenskitty,

Hopefully he is better by now, but for reference Natural is best. Safer, cheaper and they work with no side effects.  The way to solve health concerns is to go to everythingessential.me and look up issue. Find out which oils will work for you, then go to http://www.intheoil.com/ and get your oils. Please feel free to call me with any questions, 775-690-8604, DeAnna~

Spam...

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts