Advice for Moms

Nicholy10
natural cures/treatments?
November 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I have PPD. I can't take antidpressants. Tried many in high school (had depression) and many others when I had my first baby (PPD). Now I had my second baby 3 months ago, and I had PPD again. Honestly nothing helped the first time...and it just seemed to go away on it's on after 1 year. But I don't really want to feel like this for another 9 months! So natural ways or things I could do to help? I see a therapist.

Replies

• erinsmom1964
    November 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Exercise.  Serious exercise .  The endorphins are most helpful.  

• Nicholy10
    November 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Fibromyalgia makes that very difficult for me.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Quoting Nicholy10:

Fibromyalgia makes that very difficult for me.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

It shouldn't be that hard to walk and walking is a very good exercise.   and exercise is good if you have fibro, yes it is going to hurt but you learn your imitations as to what you can and can not do.  I know, I have Lupus and RA, I know there are certain types of exercises I can't do without a lot of pain and some I can do and work through the pain, plus the endorphins produced by the exercise, are natural pain relievers...just like that commercial says.. A body in motion stays in motion...

• mommaFruFru
    November 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    I had sever pod with all 3, I was raking a b complex, and fishoil. I did notice improvement. But you also need sunlight, and to just mentally try to b. Happy
  • Aslen
    by Aslen
    November 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM

what meds qwere tried? for how long?

St. John's Wort is an herb known to help with depression

• Nicholy10
    November 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Imipramine 3 weeks - high blood pressure, mirgaines, feeling like I was high as a kite

Trimipramine 4 weeks- high blood pressure & severe migraines were the effect 

Seroquel 3 days- SEVERE high blood pressure, loss of consicousness, shaky, mirgraine, short of breath

Zoloft 2 months- High blood pressure, migraines, naussia/vomiting (probably due to migraine) 

Mirtazapine 3 weeks- High blood pressure, migraine, short of breath

Quoting Aslen:

what meds qwere tried? for how long?

St. John's Wort is an herb known to help with depression

Advice for Moms