Featured Posts
Swtlips75015
17 year old sister Interfering while I was disciplining my daughter
November 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I am currently livid with my 17 yr old sister. I am at the lake w my family for the weekend with my 4 year old daughter and she has been being a pistol all day and when I discipline I do not spank hit or verbally abuse my daughter. My daughter got upset bc I said it was time for a nap and no we weren't gunna make a tent so she says I'm gunna go sleep n there ( the other room with my sister) and I said no bryleigh you are not, I normally wouldn't care but she had not been listening all day. So she starts on her tantrum and screams at me I'm quiet letting her calm down and my sister comes in picks her up and starts for the other room. I said don't bring her in there she's in trouble and I told her no. My sister looks at me and says your not my mother and I don't care if she sleeps w me... Um I snap and say give me my daughter and she walks out with her so I follow and try to get her to let her go. And my sister starts screaming saying your scaring your daughter. And proceed to walk out of our cabin, with my child. Not wanting to cause any more problems with my daughter being in the middle I let them leave.  I honestly don't know what to do, this is absolutely unacceptable I am going to talk to our father but I know he won't do anything about my sisters complete lack of respect for me. 

Replies

• rory10
    by rory10
    November 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I'm not a whole lot of help being an only child, but I'd give her one hell of an ear full. You don't go and cross what a parent says and give the kid their way.

• 3lilladies81
    November 17, 2012 at 8:20 PM
    Hmmmm I dont think I know enough to really respond I suppose it depends on what else she was doing that day and if this is something your sister does often. Why did you finally choose this moment to discipline her? Honestly I wouldn't let my four year old talk to
    me that way her little butt would be getting smacked better get a handle on it before you have an unruly child that turns into an unruly teenager. Idk maybe this isn't how she usually
    acts just going by what you said. At any rate goodluck!!!
  • frndlyfn
    November 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

That is typical of an auntie to take side of child.  I would not cross my brothers rules though when they are in middle of disciplining a child.   My nieces and nephews found that out when we went to see everyone over hte summer.  They thought i would over rule their parents rules for dinner time.  Nope you gotta eat what mommy or daddy says first.   My dd is a very picky eater so i had made a side dish for her.

• PinkParadox
    November 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    Sounds like they both respect you about the same. That being said, I would have told your sister that you are your child's mother...period. She would have never walked away from me holding my child.
  • Swtlips75015
    November 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I was disciplining my daughter not my sister and I had been disciplining her all day ( shes usually good just a bad day) she just needed a nap , and my sister has little respect for anyone she's banned my mother from seeing her bc she didn't like her rules " as in keeping her grades above D's and our dad let's her get away w Murder so she hasn't gone to my mothers since she was 14 and our dad just let's it happen saying he can't make her do anything. But when it comes to my child what she did was out of line and I dk how to handle it I'm about to say she's not aloud around my daughter until she learns to respect me and my rules but I know it will turn dramatic and I am not a fan of drama 

• whitleypittman
    November 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    You give her an earful! She is not a mother and knows nothing about child care, and is obviously still a child herself! I would also limit the amount of time your child spends with your sister.
  • emptynesst
    November 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    I would have been furious! She would NOT have left with my child!
  • snowangel1979
    November 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    I would have said no I'm not YOUR mother but I'm HER mother.

I would also let your sister know next time she leaves the house with your DD without your permission, It's kidnapping and you will call the police.

I would talk to your dad. If he doesn't do anything, pack you bags and go home. Cut your losses untill she grows up and/or your dad grows a pair.
  • sreichelt26
    November 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    Exactly this

Quoting snowangel1979:

I would have said no I'm not YOUR mother but I'm HER mother.

I would also let your sister know next time she leaves the house with your DD without your permission, It's kidnapping and you will call the police.

I would talk to your dad. If he doesn't do anything, pack you bags and go home. Cut your losses untill she grows up and/or your dad grows a pair.
  • amerigalese
    November 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM

you cant spank the child but yhou can spank your sister

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts