Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
eviesmom11
Help!!
November 16, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Hey... I need advice!

Sooo my 19 month daughter freaks out when she has to go to sleep... and she cries and PUKES.. then she is fine and laughs when I get her clean up. She has been doing it recently more and then months ago... on and off. I am not sure how to handle this... it gets stressful.. so she has to lay in bed with us until she falls asleep. HELP!

Replies

• dee1603
    by dee1603
    November 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    Dd went through that stage at about that age and it went till she was about 3. Bedtime was a nightmare. 2 hours a night of screaming and choking and puking and crying and... Well you catch my drift. No advice for ya. She just had to outgrow it.

I feel your pain. Gl mama
  • Mommy2justone
    November 16, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    What is her bedtime routine?
  • eviesmom11
    November 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM
    My room mate gave me tips to make it fun... turn on her lamp.. kiss her toys and she fell asleep just fine with just her. Then i tried and she just ran to our bed and put herself in and fell asleep. I tried to put her to bed around 9 and wakes up around 5 when i have to take her to her sitters...
  • Sarafinn2012
    November 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Try a regular bettime routine, winding down at the end of the night. bath, brush teeth, cuddle, read a book or two, soothing music, massage her arms gently, tickle her back, take your finger and trace it across her forehead, down her nose, around her cheeks, etc. I'm not saying do all these things, but choose a few and be consistent. It's important to transition from day to night, and have consistency with it. Get a night light she can have on too. That might help. Good luck!

• MalihaKhan
    November 17, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Try co-sleeping for a while - it worked wonders for my high needs spirited boy. And yes a routine is important - follow the routine persistently. Also - do the routine, lie down next to her, and then switch off the lights - ALL the lights it has to be pitch dark. Put thick comforters on the windows to block out outside lights or street lamp light.  Lie quietly with her - dont talk after lights off. Let her listen to your breathing and feel your relaxed body - it will rub off on her and she will fall asleep. Also - read this book "The No cry sleep solution for toddlers" I read it and tried some of the techniques and my child's sleep routine was magically improved.

• eviesmom11
    November 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    Thaaank you guys so much :)i
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Does she still nap?   Maybe if you cut out the naps she would be more tired at bedtime and thus be more willing to go to bed. 

• hippiechik3
    November 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Change up her room? Usually its because the child doesnt feel secure. Change up bedtime rutine. Sit with her till she goes to sleep or keep her from taking a nap duing the day so she will have to go to sleep.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts