Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
baxley2323
so much s***!?!?!?!?
November 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM

my almost 2year old has been shitting all day long like i know she has a stomach but but i've tried everything to try and stop it or at least hold it off but nothing is working even water it overflows out of her diaper pull ups everything any advice my ex said i should tape it but i dont think that will work

Replies

• frndlyfn
    November 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I personaly would just put her in bathtub for time being until she is done.  You may have to get medical intervention to get it to stop since it can lead to dehydration and hospitalization.   These kinds of explosions can not be held in no matter what.

• baxley2323
    November 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM

thank you he just threw her in the bath cause she was changed 15mins ago laid down watched a movie with her and she shit almost up to her hair

Quoting frndlyfn:

I personaly would just put her in bathtub for time being until she is done.  You may have to get medical intervention to get it to stop since it can lead to dehydration and hospitalization.   These kinds of explosions can not be held in no matter what.

• frndlyfn
    November 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Poor girl.  That is not fun and you wonder where it all comes from.

Quoting baxley2323:

thank you he just threw her in the bath cause she was changed 15mins ago laid down watched a movie with her and she shit almost up to her hair

Quoting frndlyfn:

• yperez0209
    November 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM

There has to be a reason for this. Either it's a virus like Rota or some type of food intolerance, or maybe her intestines are inflamed from some type of virus or bacteria. I would put money on Rota virus.

Does she have a fever? Is she vomiting also? Regardless, she needs to be seen by her doctor. How is her bottom? Is she rashed?

• baxley2323
    November 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM

i cutt all her juice out she really hasnt had more than a glass today and it's still it bad its starting to have some fermness so maybe it'll be gone tomorrow i can only hope she's always been my sick baby everything that she comes in contact with or someone she has been around comes in contact with she catches and i wash her hands make sure her nose isnt runny all the time make her wear a had even wen it's just windy and still last april she had her tonsals (sp) adnoids(sp) out and tubes put in and has had two ear infections since then and a uti after her sugery from the tubes and ect. it's crazy my oldest has only ever had whooping caugh and only one stomach bug thats its like dang night and day they are lol but i love them more than anything and they love each other and hardly ever fight which is shocking lol theyre 2years 4 months and 5days apart lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

Poor girl.  That is not fun and you wonder where it all comes from.

Quoting baxley2323:

Quoting frndlyfn:

• baxley2323
    November 15, 2012 at 9:01 PM

she vomited once but not much had a fever of 102.6 but went down easly with a fever and yes she is raw i have some desnex and it seams to be working her grandma gave me it its what they use in the hospitals shes a lpn i think she might have a stomach bug but i've never seen it this bad ever im gonna all first thing in the morning and try and get her in

Quoting yperez0209:

There has to be a reason for this. Either it's a virus like Rota or some type of food intolerance, or maybe her intestines are inflamed from some type of virus or bacteria. I would put money on Rota virus.

Does she have a fever? Is she vomiting also? Regardless, she needs to be seen by her doctor. How is her bottom? Is she rashed?

• yperez0209
    November 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM

It sounds like Rota, if it is, it takes about a week to clear up and it gives them wicked bad diarrhea, fever, vomiting and a bad bottom rash.

I know it may sound prehistoric but what I've used on all my kids for diaper rash ( I have five kids ) is Desitin ( the original one with 40% zink ) and I mix it with corn starch ( it's like making triple paste at home for a fraction of the cost ) and it really works !!! Corn starch is amazing for raw bottoms especially when you mix it with desitin.

Keep her hydrated during the night. If you have any doubts take her to the ER, she might need some fluids to help her.

Quoting baxley2323:

she vomited once but not much had a fever of 102.6 but went down easly with a fever and yes she is raw i have some desnex and it seams to be working her grandma gave me it its what they use in the hospitals shes a lpn i think she might have a stomach bug but i've never seen it this bad ever im gonna all first thing in the morning and try and get her in

Quoting yperez0209:

• baxley2323
    November 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM

thank you :) ill pick some up as soon as theird dad gets back home and pick her up some more pedalight(sp)

Quoting yperez0209:

It sounds like Rota, if it is, it takes about a week to clear up and it gives them wicked bad diarrhea, fever, vomiting and a bad bottom rash.

I know it may sound prehistoric but what I've used on all my kids for diaper rash ( I have five kids ) is Desitin ( the original one with 40% zink ) and I mix it with corn starch ( it's like making triple paste at home for a fraction of the cost ) and it really works !!! Corn starch is amazing for raw bottoms especially when you mix it with desitin.

Keep her hydrated during the night. If you have any doubts take her to the ER, she might need some fluids to help her.

Quoting baxley2323:

Quoting yperez0209:

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts