Advice for Moms

AMartin81
What would you do?
November 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM

We had my dh's niece over to spend the night like 3 weeks ago. She really looks up to my daughter and wants to dress and act like her. She is 5 years younger than my daughter. Her mom and I get along ok but I don't think a whole lot of her for things that have gone on in the past. Anyway, my daughter is missing 2 dresses and a DS game. We noticed the night after she spent the night that the 2 dresses were gone because they were big tutu dresses that take up a lot of room on her closet so i noticed almost immediately that they were gone. Then the next day my daughter came to me upset bc she couldn't find her DS game. She is very responsible with her stuff and it's not like her to just lose or misplace her games, clothes etc. she wants to ask her if she accidentally packed her stuff in her back but knowing my sil, this will start major arguments in the family. And with thanksgiving coming I hate to have everything all awkward. But this makes me angry. We don't have a lot of money right now and I bought these 2 dresses for her to wear for the holidays and now she has nothing nice to wear. But my sil buys my niece clothes like she's rich. Not sure what to do so thought I'd get some opinions. Sorry so long but thanks for listening!

Replies

• alexsmomaubrys2
    November 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I would call and ask if she brought them home by accident. No reason to accuse.

• JasonsMom2007
    November 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I agree.  Ask her if she accidently took them home.  The ds game could have easily gotten mixed up in her stuff.

My niece accidently took my tv remote home once lol.

• Paradys
    by Paradys
    November 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    I'm sorry, but, keeping the peace is not as important as standing up for your child and protecting her stuff and peace of mind.
  • lucky2Beeme
    November 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Exactly this

• peanutsmommy1
    November 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    Yep just ask if they came home with her on accident
  • AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    November 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

• AMartin81
    November 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM

That's what I was thinking. I don't want to start an argument. I think we have more of a chance getting them back if I ask this way. My sil would never tell me if she found them in her suitcase bc she wouldn't want me to think badly of her daughter.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Sincd this is your husband's niece he would be the one to ask his sister if her daughter has your daughter's things.  

• 143myboys9496
    November 16, 2012 at 4:22 AM
    Since she's your dh's sister maybe have him ask? Sometimes when things get heated and stuff gets said when its sibling to sibling it gets dropped quicker.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts