Advice for Moms

rockabillybetty
Thanksgiving Sides!!!!!
November 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
What are your favorite sides to make?? Any non traditional ones out there?? Im tired of the same ol..
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Mixed veggies
cranberry sauce
Corn on cob
Pumpkin pie
Biscuits

Stuffing
I wana make and just flat out do something different this year and say BE THANKFUL MOMMA IS CREATIVE DARING AND CAN COOK lol we have a Turkey and a Ham from the tribe because bf is a tribal employee thank goodness they give these out to us every year!! SHOOT away ladies ideas ideas please thank you !

Replies

• rockabillybetty
    November 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    Oh noo eek . Im being scratched from the inside lol prego and hungry i shuld get dinner started its gona b 6! Indigestion?

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Oh god not pregnant. 100% on that one. Just feels like my stomache is tearing itself into bits.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Id take rico home over taco bells. Im sorry your feeling sick :( how far along are u?!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

With exception to right now (I feel like I just got hit with a truck and I'm kinda forcing myself to eat) I would but taco bell nacho cheese if I could. The Rico stuff just doesn't taste the same.

Edit: apparently they sell it. But now Im nauseous. Dammit

Quoting rockabillybetty:

I had cheese fries last week yum!! With that nacho rico cheese!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

The only thing I crave is the nacho cheese.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Omg ur SN makes A Grumbly in my Tumbly lol this baby loves burrito supremes and dorito taco supreme!! Ive never had that fruit salad before id minus the Coconut tho eeek!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

For the stuffing, google sausage and artichoke stuffing. Mmmmm.

My mom makes ambrosia (fruit salad I guess) with canned fruit, marshmallows, whipped cream and coconut.

• BaBa1123
    November 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM

We stopped making mash potatoes and are now going with the mash cauliflower.   It is more healthy and tasty and 1 of my boys loves it.   We love roasted veggies we put squash, peppers, onions, zuccinni on a baking sheet with a wire rack and this is so good. with a drizzle of olive oil.   Yes we still use stuffing and cranberry sauce. As far as desserts are concern we go with apple pie (homemade with homemade whip cream), cocounut pie and pumpkin pie also cut up cake in a triffle bowl with fresh fruit and homemade whip cream.   One of the aunts brings her homemade cookies (pre-Christmas style) all is good.  

• rockabillybetty
    November 16, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    Ty :) im definitely gona give bf the.list ive made and we will try all of these :))!!!!

Quoting BaBa1123:

We stopped making mash potatoes and are now going with the mash cauliflower.   It is more healthy and tasty and 1 of my boys loves it.   We love roasted veggies we put squash, peppers, onions, zuccinni on a baking sheet with a wire rack and this is so good. with a drizzle of olive oil.   Yes we still use stuffing and cranberry sauce. As far as desserts are concern we go with apple pie (homemade with homemade whip cream), cocounut pie and pumpkin pie also cut up cake in a triffle bowl with fresh fruit and homemade whip cream.   One of the aunts brings her homemade cookies (pre-Christmas style) all is good.  

• rockabillybetty
    November 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    BUMP IT
  • mmccrea
    by mmccrea
    November 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I love roasted brussel sprout salad w/pecans and lots of butter when roasting.  Easier than mashed potatoes:  slice them like an accordian, drizzle butter and herbs over the top, bake.  How about quinoa?  I hate most thanksgiving food.  I would rather have green bean salad with oil, garlic and bacon or proscuitto.mmmmm

• rockabillybetty
    November 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM
    What's a quinoa?? Interesting!!

Quoting mmccrea:

I love roasted brussel sprout salad w/pecans and lots of butter when roasting.  Easier than mashed potatoes:  slice them like an accordian, drizzle butter and herbs over the top, bake.  How about quinoa?  I hate most thanksgiving food.  I would rather have green bean salad with oil, garlic and bacon or proscuitto.mmmmm

• steffielou_who
    November 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM
    I do mashed potatoes
    Green beans
    Stuffing
    Homemade Mac and cheese
    Gravy
    Deviled eggs
    And rolls...
  • rockabillybetty
    November 17, 2012 at 1:14 AM
    My list of ideas looks like this lol my mashed tatoes are to die for so im definitely sticking to them :)

Quoting steffielou_who:

I do mashed potatoes

Green beans

Stuffing

Homemade Mac and cheese

Gravy

Deviled eggs

And rolls...

• steffielou_who
    November 17, 2012 at 1:16 AM
    Dude, I'm starving!!! I cannot wait to eat some turkey day feast!!
  • rockabillybetty
    November 17, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    Lol im full i ate too much and drank chocolate milk bf went to get soda lol yea its a splurge day for me. Im finally gaining weight with baby 8months in but i still am careful. I want turkey so i can mix it with my cranberry sauce!!!!

Quoting steffielou_who:

Dude, I'm starving!!! I cannot wait to eat some turkey day feast!!

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts