Featured Posts
Cafe Amanda
Need Help Getting Your Kids to Sleep in Their Own Beds?
November 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Tired of your kids crawling into bed with you and keeping you from getting enough sleep? Daphne's got the solution to end those co-sleeping blues and get your whole family though the night!

rolling on floordo not disturb

Do your kids still share a bed with you for all or some of the night?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

Replies

• missamanda86
    November 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM

hahahahahahahahahaha.....my baby is gonna be HELL to get out of my bed. I never allowed my other 2 to sleep with me

• diaperstodating
    November 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    I appreciate the advice, but I enjoy my children sleeping in the bed with me while they still want to.
  • atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    November 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    Like Supernanny says. You keep taking the kid back and back till they stay. Takes a few nights. Glad mine sleot in cribs. Never went through this. Even if they were sick they were on our floor and not our bed ever. And you do not talk to them ever during the process after the first time when you tell them to stay in their bed.
  • ZakkarysMom
    November 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    My 1 yr old has never been in my bed. My 3 yr old has been back in his bed for a month or 2.
  • kjsaes
    by kjsaes
    November 20, 2012 at 10:08 AM

My girls have always slept in their own beds. Dont get me wrong every now and then one or both sneak in my bed. But 95% od the time they are in their own beds. 

• minecraftzombie
    November 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My problem is the kids don't have their own bed except the baby who has a Pack N Play. Lately I don't mind co-sleeping so much but that's because it keeps us warm during the night.

• Bitterroot
    November 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I actually prefer to sleep in my 4yod's bedroom (in her bed) rather than my own.  My husband tosses and turns, snores really loudly, doesn't sleep well himself so he will wake up and get on his iPhone, he gets up to pee, gets up to get a drink, gets up to check out the front window...I don't get ANY sleep in bed with my husband.

With my 4yod?  We curl up and we're snug as a bug in a rug...door shut, fan on...zzzzzzzzzzz

EDIT:  How do we find "alone" time?  We schedule it into our weekends when the kids are napping, or early mornings while all the house is still quiet.  I tip-toe back into bed with him during those times.

• Mandi812
    November 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM

this issue is why I have never co slept with my baby, at night not een a year old, she has to sleep in her crib in her own room.

• la_bella_vita
    November 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM

My kid's love to sleep in their own beds but they know our room is always welcome.

• BaBeezandMe
    November 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM

What a riot!!!

What I did was put the boys on a sleep schedule IN THEIR OWN CRIB from the moment they came home from the hospital!!  They gave me some trouble when they transitioned from crib to big boy beds but I stuck to "you have to stay in your bed AND sleep in your bed!" and within a few weeks, they were doing great!!

Their bedtime routine NEVER changes.  They take baths, put their jammies on, have a little down time then it's off to bed.  Prayers, kisses and hugs, good nights and they stay there!  I am very lucky

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN