Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
luvnmykids1824
normal thing for a preschooler?
November 15, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Is it normal for a preschooler to be red in her privates here and there. Every once in a while I will help clean her up and I notice she is a little red. Its not horrible looking.just a LITTLE red. I thought it was from toilet paper but when she woke up yesturday morning she was red also. Now this morning she is fine again. Any advice?

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    November 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

She might be touching herself at night, which is completely normal. 
    It could also be your detergent, have you switched recently?
    She could also not be wiping well enough if she is potty trained. Or wiping too hard. 

• jillbailey26
    November 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

It could be if they're not wiping themselves properly.

• luvnmykids1824
    November 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    No.I havnt switched detergents. And she always wipes correctly. She just gets red here and there. And I never see her touching herself.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

She might be touching herself at night, which is completely normal. 
    It could also be your detergent, have you switched recently?
    She could also not be wiping well enough if she is potty trained. Or wiping too hard. 

• angie2568
    November 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM

It could be from not wiping entirely or at night between 2-5 yr olds they will lay on there hands by their private areas and it can mash/irritate. You can use creamy a&d or diaper rash ointment if it gets any worse or just call the doctors office & speak to one of the nurses.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    November 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    This

Quoting angie2568:

It could be from not wiping entirely or at night between 2-5 yr olds they will lay on there hands by their private areas and it can mash/irritate. You can use creamy a&d or diaper rash ointment if it gets any worse or just call the doctors office & speak to one of the nurses.

• SlightlyPerfect
    November 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM

DD had that when she had just turned 3. The doctor told me to put Balmex (not Desitin) on it. I don't know what the difference between the two really is, but it worked just fine. DD wasn't wiping well enough, so I went over it with her, and now she's almost 4 and has no problem.

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Does she take bubble baths?  Is your toilet paper colored or have printed patterns on it? 

• audreesmama
    November 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Yeah, this was the issue with DD. She had the same problem. She wasn't wiping properly. I had to show her again and again how to do it, and used diaper rash cream when it was red.

Quoting atlmom2:

This

Quoting angie2568:

• Allisonc7910
    November 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Thats normal.  I use Monistat cream 1% and it clears it up. 

• BaBa1123
    November 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM

My sister complained to me about her daughter being red and she discovered that she was not taking her time to wipe herself completely and getting dry from her pee.   If you have pee left it will irate the skin so she now has her daughter singing happy birthday as she wipes herself and pats herself dry.  She now is 5 and my sister said she is not red anymore.   I have boys so I would not know.   

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts