Advice for Moms

AnAngelsKiss
Weed on school grounds really? *update x2
November 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM
My 17yo dd was suspended from school. She told me they randomly check her and her friends at lunch while they were all talking and found a pipe and weed on one of the other kids so they all got suspended. Well according to the school official that called me. They were all standing in a circle passing the pipe on school grounds. Wtf on school grounds? Well I am totally outgrageously not happy about the smoking weed which I already knew about and have told her over and over not before or after school. Well now she is in drug & alcohol classes which I hope deture her away from it. She has been grounded durring her suspension working on all her missing assignments. What else can I do?

*guess I stated this wrong as Mommies are getting the wrong impression. No I do not allow her to do it. Yes I have gone over the side effects this has. I did find it in her room (under matress) and made her watch me put it down the garbage disposal. I check her room & backpack on a regular basis. I am afraid of complete control of forcing her every move on it that she will rebel.

* I called today and registered her in Youth 'n' action. I told her which day she would be going she told me she is not going. I said if I have to take you on the bus with me you are going. She said well I am bigger then you and you will have to take me physically by forceable action.

* I also called at risk youth. It told me to leave a message so I did.

* ok we have decided together to send her back to Arizona for the rest of her Junior year and the summer with my grandmother. She will attend school online. Then she will return back to me and continue her senior year online.

Replies

• erinsmom1964
    November 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Honestly??  You told her not before or after school but otherwise it was all right and your surprised?? This is exactly where the saying comes from "you give an inch they take a mile"  Its either yes to drugs or no and you have already said yes.

• AnAngelsKiss
    November 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM
    When I was her age my Nana told me no weed. I turned around and smoked it from the time I woke up till I went to bed in between each class until I was about 28yo. I began other stuff too (as a teen) forcing a kid not to do something at all will just cause them to rebel.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Honestly??  You told her not before or after school but otherwise it was all right and your surprised?? This is exactly where the saying comes from "you give an inch they take a mile"  Its either yes to drugs or no and you have already said yes.

• 1stpreggers
    November 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM
    You told her not before or after school but during is ok?? O.o
  • AnAngelsKiss
    November 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM
    No not at all. I have actually told her how bad it is. I do not want it effecting her school. Not at all durring school before or after. I actually found some in my dd's room and made her watch me put it down the garbage disposal. I search her room & backpack on a regular basis now. I have not found any more in my house.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

• 1stpreggers
    November 15, 2012 at 2:27 AM
    If u don't want her smoking tell her no, you're the parent, you make the rules.

Quoting AnAngelsKiss:

No not at all. I have actually told her how bad it is. I do not want it effecting her school. Not at all durring school before or after. I actually found some in my dd's room and made her watch me put it down the garbage disposal. I search her room & backpack on a regular basis now. I have not found any more in my house.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

• AnAngelsKiss
    November 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM
    I have told her no. I have even told her to stop hanging around certian infulences. Am I supposed to go to school with her? I have actually threatened to go to school with her and she says if you go I won't.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Quoting AnAngelsKiss:

Quoting 1stpreggers:

• 1stpreggers
    November 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM
    Nope just parent.

Quoting AnAngelsKiss:

I have told her no. I have even told her to stop hanging around certian infulences. Am I supposed to go to school with her? I have actually threatened to go to school with her and she says if you go I won't.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Quoting AnAngelsKiss:

Quoting 1stpreggers:

• frndlyfn
    November 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Sorry  She is already rebelling big time.  Next time some is found on her, I am not joking, call the police to come talk to her about the legal reprecussions of possessing drugs of this nature.   Where i live they passed marijuana to be legal but i will still give dd the say no to drugs lecture.  To me the drug is only acceptable when used to aid people who are seriously in pain, not kids who want to get high.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    November 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    Wow, drugs are drugs. Crack down and discipline and be a parent, not a friend.
  • TinasTribe
    November 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Well, for me it would be more of discussion on it being illegal and the ramifications of that. Weed is not dangerous. Its by far safer than drinking and smoking. I would be more concerned for her health if she was doing those things. 

However rules are rules, you cannot smoke weed at school and frankly it is against the law. She is now dealing the consequences of her actions.  Being a tyrant and dictator at her age is not going to help, you can however use logic with her and say listen I know you want to smoke weed, I know you want to hang with your friends etc however it is against the law and next time it might not be a school suspension it could be juvie.  Smoking blantly right outside the school is not to bright, you are going to get caught.remind her if she wants treated like an adult, with light rules and light control, they she has to prove to you she can handle it and apparently she cannot. 

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts