Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
jnm11108
bad anxiety....
October 15, 2012 at 5:48 AM
So, my husband hardly has any hrs at work. He pays his bills.half way. Yhe bills r never fully paid and Im working pt.
My daughters bday just passed and i speny so much money. I didnt do a party but i took her out and i spent 50.dollarsdollars She didnt seemed as if the day was complete. She turned 6 and i didnt get her any present or cake or ballons. So, at night time, i went and got her presents and a few balloons. Bc i felt horrible. I spent 60 dollars.(side note...my dad had given me 60 that day) the next day my husband grandparents from argentina came and we had no food. So i went and did groceries. I speny 100dollars. Half of the food, we ate already.
I did so many bad decisions this weekend and im having really bad anxiety. I didn't think right...im so stress and overwhelm and anxious....help please...

Replies

• savingtheworld
    October 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    O my goodness! I freak out to when I over spend money..just take a breath it will b ok..
  • bbmkfo03
    October 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Budget budget budget! Do you clip coupons? That helps me for groceries b/c they are so darn expensive!! 

• aprilmom73
    October 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

We have money problems now also. Budgeting is key. When I grocery shop, I don't always get name brands. A lot of times the store brand is cheaper and tastes just as good (except for cheese, in my experience. Cheese is always name brand, but I get the one that is cheaper). I also plan out my meals for the week, and I make myself take a list and STICK TO IT. Do not by extras! If I do that, I take something off the ilst and leave that in its place. That way I don't feel too bad about it. Clipping coupons as bbmkfo03 stated is good. Also look for what is on sale and use that to your advantage.

• blondie805
    October 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

There's no going back now. Just look at the situation and say that you have learned and move on. Bills will get paid as long as you prioritize them. Pay what you can towards the bills that keep you alive--home, power, water, gas for the car etc. etc. You made a mistake now, panicking isn't going to do you any good in fact it's going to be really bad. We all make mistakes but, it will be okay as long as you keep your head as level as you can.

Hugs!!

• Reese2010727
    October 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I'm a single mom and budgeting is key. Clearance, coupons, and sales are how I survive. Breathe and take it a day at a time.

• othermom
    October 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You need to make a budget and figure out some way tobring in extra money. If you don't have the oney to spend maybe get ballons at the dollar store, a card and couple small things to make the day special for your daughter. It doesn't have to cost that much money.  Coupons help us a lot with saving money, so does buys a lot second hand. Call some of the companies that you use and see if you can get the cost reduced. I did for our ophone once and it saved $10 a month

• othermom
    October 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Also if you have any things that you don;'t use any more try to sell them

• crystal-boyd
    October 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    Were in the same situation now its got to the point that ive had to send my dd to my grandparents to eat and ive went a few days without being able to eat at all. We finally got approved for food stamps and were waiting on the card now. Im praying it comes today . Dont feel bad u did nothing wrong at all if ur dad gave u the cash for her bday then u weren't taking away from thefamily . And u have to eat so spending on groceries is a must . Dont feel bad mama.its not ur fault at all. Alot offamilies are goin through this.
    Have u applied for food stamps? Or looked into places u can go that give food? Also just incase things dont start looking up by Christmas u might want to look into signing up for a gift program so dd has a some gifts under the tree from Santa. Ill b praying for u and ur family. Keep ur head up mama .
  • la_bella_vita
    October 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Budget is the key.

• robyann
    by robyann
    October 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM

You shouldn't beat yourself up over this now. It's done and now you have to move on. But I totally understand how you felt about your dd's birthday. I have done that before. I felt so bad for not being able to give them a party or buy them gifts. I have 6 kids, the youngest is now 17. But through all the years of raising them, there were alot of tough times. I've learned that the material things are NOT what is important. It is LOVE. For birthdays, bake a cheap box cake, buy some balloons from the Dollar Store, and buy one gift for less than $20. You can have the whole party for $25! You can make the party fun by playing upbeat music, dancing around. Play little games and sing "Happy Birthday" very loud! Give you child tons of hugs and kisses and tell them stories of the day they were born and how happy and blessed you felt.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts