Featured Posts
ZakkarysMom
Discolored baby teeth?
October 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM
My son is 3.5. I help him brush his teeth twice and sometimes three times a day. But why are they discolored? Shouldnt they be white? My 1 yr old's teeth are white. What am I doing wrong here? Just looking at his teeth..they look like I dont brush them at all. He just went to bed and after brushing them they look the same!

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    October 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    Maybe take him to the dentist, he is old enough.
  • jamieharper08
    October 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

My oldest sons permanent teeth are like that. I asked the dentist and she said that some people's teeth are just like that. 

• ZakkarysMom
    October 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    He had an appt recently. We go every 6 months. He started at age 2. I wonder if they would see him again for this ? If my insurance will pay for it.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Maybe take him to the dentist, he is old enough.

• ZakkarysMom
    October 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    They werent always like this. It happened recently. I read somewhere that too much fluoride in drinking water can discolor your teeth. Its driving me crazy. lol My parents gave up making my siblings and i keep up with dental hygiene. I have never taken good care of my teeth so they are discolored. Im trying to avoid that with my children.

Quoting jamieharper08:

My oldest sons permanent teeth are like that. I asked the dentist and she said that some people's teeth are just like that. 

• jamieharper08
    October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hmmmm...Idk...my sons teeth weren't like that until he got in his permanent teeth :/ He takes good care of them and we go to the dentist every 6 months (starting at 2). Noone of mine have ever had a cavity. My twins teeth aren't ike that. et me try to find an unedited pic for you.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

They werent always like this. It happened recently. I read somewhere that too much fluoride in drinking water can discolor your teeth. Its driving me crazy. lol My parents gave up making my siblings and i keep up with dental hygiene. I have never taken good care of my teeth so they are discolored. Im trying to avoid that with my children.

Quoting jamieharper08:

• JasonsMom2007
    October 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    Call the dentist and ask.
  • rockabillybetty
    October 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    Maybe your using too much tooth paste

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

• jamieharper08
    October 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I'd at least call and ask. I am really not sure what could cause discoloration though

• ZakkarysMom
    October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    Im mobile so i cant make out that pic too well. He is a cutie! Red heads are so cute!

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN