Advice for Moms

ZakkarysMom
Discolored baby teeth?
October 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM
My son is 3.5. I help him brush his teeth twice and sometimes three times a day. But why are they discolored? Shouldnt they be white? My 1 yr old's teeth are white. What am I doing wrong here? Just looking at his teeth..they look like I dont brush them at all. He just went to bed and after brushing them they look the same!

Replies

• Mommy2justone
    October 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    Maybe take him to the dentist, he is old enough.
  • jamieharper08
    October 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

My oldest sons permanent teeth are like that. I asked the dentist and she said that some people's teeth are just like that. 

• ZakkarysMom
    October 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    He had an appt recently. We go every 6 months. He started at age 2. I wonder if they would see him again for this ? If my insurance will pay for it.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Maybe take him to the dentist, he is old enough.

• ZakkarysMom
    October 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    They werent always like this. It happened recently. I read somewhere that too much fluoride in drinking water can discolor your teeth. Its driving me crazy. lol My parents gave up making my siblings and i keep up with dental hygiene. I have never taken good care of my teeth so they are discolored. Im trying to avoid that with my children.

Quoting jamieharper08:

My oldest sons permanent teeth are like that. I asked the dentist and she said that some people's teeth are just like that. 

• jamieharper08
    October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hmmmm...Idk...my sons teeth weren't like that until he got in his permanent teeth :/ He takes good care of them and we go to the dentist every 6 months (starting at 2). Noone of mine have ever had a cavity. My twins teeth aren't ike that. et me try to find an unedited pic for you.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

They werent always like this. It happened recently. I read somewhere that too much fluoride in drinking water can discolor your teeth. Its driving me crazy. lol My parents gave up making my siblings and i keep up with dental hygiene. I have never taken good care of my teeth so they are discolored. Im trying to avoid that with my children.

Quoting jamieharper08:

• JasonsMom2007
    October 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    Call the dentist and ask.
  • rockabillybetty
    October 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    Maybe your using too much tooth paste

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

• jamieharper08
    October 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I'd at least call and ask. I am really not sure what could cause discoloration though

• ZakkarysMom
    October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    Im mobile so i cant make out that pic too well. He is a cutie! Red heads are so cute!

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Advice for Moms