Featured Posts
momtotwo08
Am I being childish or do I have a right to be pissed??
October 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Ok, so my husband is a spur of the moment kinda guy while I like things to be planned. Well, today I planned on taking kids to get flu shots, pumpkin patch and clothes shopping which he knew a wk ago about. SO this morning I get up clean house and get ready. Then he tells me he's going to stay home while I go and clean yard and garage. Yeah ok fine I kinda expected that. Then he goes on to tell me that he's invited people over tonight to watch football and grill steaks. Wth??! Yes I'm the wife and mother so of course I'll be expected to entertain and clean up everyone's mess after I just cleaned my entire house. So I tell him I won't be here. Let me just add that I absolutely hate entertaining 2 birthdays a yr are enough!! I had rather be alone than in a room full of ppl and that's just me. Anyway I just got home from a very long and exhausting day the kids were tired so I put them in bed and I'm laying in my bed (their beds are in our room) while my husband is outside with guests. I know they think I'm being a bitch but I really dont care. This wasn't planned and I'm tired I'm recovering from a wreck and ruptured cyst so yeh I'm in a little pain also. So anyway would u think I was being a bitch or do I have a right to be?? Be honest.

Replies

• IheartPEACOCKS
    October 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM

IDK if you're right or not, but it is rude to ignore the guests. At the very least explain why you're going to leave them to go to bed

• mamakin616
    October 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Why is at that you think you are being bitch??? He's a grown man...if He wants to have people over to watch a football game and cook them steak why do you have to be in the middle of it?? It's not anything you planned and you didn't invite them . I wouldn' feel bad about it. I wouldn't clean up after all of them either. His party His guests His mess. If he says something about it remind him of what the plans actually were and that he dumped this on the entire family. If I were you I'd be pissed that he pulled this crap to start with and let you clean everything by yourself was wrong.

• offrdngal
    October 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I don't agree with this at all.  They are not her guests, they are her husbands guests.  She doesn't owe them an explanation. 

I'd be willing to bet that they don't even care that she isn't "entertaining" them.

Quoting IheartPEACOCKS:

IDK if you're right or not, but it is rude to ignore the guests. At the very least explain why you're going to leave them to go to bed

• IheartPEACOCKS
    October 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

There really is no separation of your friends and mine in a marriage. And they're in her house, she doesn't have to entertain them but she is right that they probably think she's bitchy for avoiding everyone

Quoting offrdngal:

I don't agree with this at all.  They are not her guests, they are her husbands guests.  She doesn't owe them an explanation. 

I'd be willing to bet that they don't even care that she isn't "entertaining" them.

Quoting IheartPEACOCKS:

• ashleighmama
    October 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    I totally agree with you.
  • boshs1andonly
    October 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I agree. I understand being upset that he made those plans without you, and if you're tired I get not wanting to entertain. But they are in your house, you should have at least said, sorry had a long day with the kids. Even if they aren't your friends it's still your house so it's rude to just hide in the bedroom without saying anything

Quoting IheartPEACOCKS:

There really is no separation of your friends and mine in a marriage. And they're in her house, she doesn't have to entertain them but she is right that they probably think she's bitchy for avoiding everyone

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting IheartPEACOCKS:

• lapcounter
    I agree

Quoting IheartPEACOCKS:

• momma2b2008
    I think if you are able to go running around all day you are fine to go and sit and talk to the guests for a little while! But let him know that he is going to have to clean up EVERYTHING from the guests!
  • momtotwo08
    October 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    Quoting IheartPEACOCKS:

Well I told my husband to tell them that I was staying in bc my youngest has a cough and I need to stay close.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    October 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I don't think you're being a bitch. I would have explained that I wasn't feeling well but you hope they had a great time. No, they weren't your guests and you didn't want them there but your dh did invite them. I would have been nice to them because they didn't know your plans or how you feel about company. I try to never be rude to guests in my home, even if I didn't want them here (there have been some exceptions). I would also be making sure dh cleaned up after himself and his guests.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN